The Student Room Group

Would you consider this to be a lot of sexual partners?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
You find it 'off-putting' that a girl slept with that many people.

1) That wasn't the question she asked
2) You probably think that a guy sleeping with the same amount of girls is A-Okay
3) Again, nobody cares

To be honest - this is a very presumptuous reply, and rather unnecessary too.. she was asking for an opinion.. that was an open and non-harsh opinion and there is nothing to say that he would think it's okay for guys - in fact, many guys who haven't slept with that many girls (which, also, isn't a bad thing), tend to think that, and that's fair really - each to their own.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm a 23 year old girl. I lost my virginity at 16, and have since slept with 20 guys. 12 of these were from 16-18.

I'm not asking if I deserve any judgement or such for this, as I know this is not the case, but I'm asking how this compares to the average? Would it be considered a high number?

Im a man and Ive had more sexual partners than you.

Personally i dont consider it to be a high number, its your body its your choice.
Original post by dock-leaf
To be honest - this is a very presumptuous reply, and rather unnecessary too.. she was asking for an opinion.. that was an open and non-harsh opinion and there is nothing to say that he would think it's okay for guys - in fact, many guys who haven't slept with that many girls (which, also, isn't a bad thing), tend to think that, and that's fair really - each to their own.

She asked 'Would you consider this to be a lot?' She didn't need that. And, if it was his answer, it wasn't exactly 'open' and 'non-harsh'. And, also not really fair, just shows the double standards of the people-in regards to your last point. :colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
Whether it is a lot or not I don't think it matters.
What matters though is that you are safe whilst doing so and being aware of your sexual health.
She asked 'Would you consider this to be a lot?' She didn't need that. And, if it was his answer, it wasn't exactly 'open' and 'non-harsh'. And, also not really fair, just shows the double standards of the people-in regards to your last point. :colonhash:

Overreaction of the year award goes to....

Spoiler

You are what you we all think you are. Including yourself.

nothing wrong with that though.
Original post by AndrewSCO
Overreaction of the year award goes to....

Spoiler

Nah. :smile:
She asked 'Would you consider this to be a lot?' She didn't need that. And, if it was his answer, it wasn't exactly 'open' and 'non-harsh'. :colonhash:

It was a very fair and and 'non-harsh' response, indeed. It is clearly the opinion which you don't like - it was not framed badly... Whether people would 'consider this to be a lot' stems from such opinions.. the whole concept that their 'is' or 'isn't' a certain number which 'is' or 'isn't' okay, is a social construct formed on opinions such as those expressed. And if a guy is not being hypocritical, and has not slept with many girls, then that's a just opinion; it could be based on insecurities about a girl having more sexual partners, or simply that it conflicts personal principles which they also hold themselves to... and there is really no problem with that.. you should have really replied, simply : 'sorry, I don't like your opinion, shut up'. As that's the clear message. lol.
Lol, nobody cares for your blatant sexism.

Delete your account. That is not sexist in any way.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RelucBeam
Delete your account. That is not sexist in anyway.

Lol, no. Get over yourself.
It was a very fair and and 'non-harsh' response, indeed. It is clearly the opinion which you don't like - it was not framed badly... Whether people would 'consider this to be a lot' stems from such opinions.. the whole concept that their 'is' or 'isn't' a certain number which 'is' or 'isn't' okay, is a social construct formed on opinions such as those expressed. And if a guy is not being hypocritical, and has not slept with many girls, then that's a just opinion; it could be based on insecurities about a girl having more sexual partners, or simply that it conflicts personal principles which they also hold themselves to... and there is really no problem with that.. you should have really replied, simply : 'sorry, I don't like your opinion, shut up'. As that's the clear message. lol.

You are paying too much time and investing too much of your effort on this girl

You're presuming just as much about me. :smile:
Lol, no. Get over yourself.

Poisonous example of the Feminist-SJW stench
You are paying too much time and investing too much of your effort on this girl

No, not really. I'm just simply replying.
Poisonous example of the Feminist-SJW stench

Lol, sure.
No, not really. I'm just simply replying.

Well okay, this is a waste of my time.. it just annoys me that people respond to something, totally fair and reasonable, in such an unnecessary manner because they don't like another's opinion on a topic which is nothing but opinion.
:shot::shot::shot:
Well okay, this is a waste of my time.. it just annoys me that people respond to something, totally fair and reasonable, in such an unnecessary manner because they don't like another's opinion on a topic which is nothing but opinion.

It annoys you, does it. :biggrin:
It's fine. People who slut shame anyone need to get over themselves.

The morality of it wasn't the question though. The question was is it high. In which case, the answer would be yes. Significantly higher than average too. And it's colossal compared to what average would be on TSR,
20? I wish as a male I can get it that easily. You do you. Personally, I think 20 is a lot, but then again sex is easier to obtain for most women vs guys.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending