The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I dont know how everyone did 11 or more GCSEs but I only could only do 9 GCSEs with short-course RE. And I got all A*s with full ums marks in maths!!! #top5intheyear
image.jpeg
Got 1 mark off an A in English Language so they're going to remark and idk for Geography.
No, my school does an assembly where parents and all the senior school gather up in a hall and the certificates are given by the headmaster/headmistress to us one by one. Your school should remind and notify you beforehand. Your school may do it some other way, but they definitely should not and would not send it to you by post.
Hey does anyone know how to find out the marks for edexcel maths. Im so pissed they arent showing.
Original post by Nhomie
Hey does anyone know how to find out the marks for edexcel maths. Im so pissed they arent showing.

I did OCR maths and we don't have them either, teachers get them back in September apparently
Oh my goodness! I got 5 A*'s and 3 A's! (That'll show the teachers for turning me down prefect for not putting in enough effort XD) Results day was tout á fait increyable pour moi, but the congratulations really go to you guys. I hope your results were everything you dreamed them to be, and those like me taking the exams a year early, next year is gonna be even better!
Reply 5426
Original post by Anmol_.
I got:

Philosophy and ethics: A*
Spanish: A
Additional science: A
English literature: A
IT: A
Maths: B
Core science: B (was 2 marks off an A though so it's going for a remark)
Statistics: B
History: B
English igcse: B

I was a little dissapointed with the fact I got a B in history but I am still studying it in college and will work much harder for it but do you think it is a risk?

Another question- are these grades enough for me to study law in the future? Of course considering the fact I perform well in a levels

There are people doing history with c's so not a risk as long as you work for it. Often it's the ones with bs at gcses that get the the top marks at a level and those with a/a* tend to slip a bit.
Original post by Nelliebelly
I am a lowly year 9 so I only did 1 exam (OCR Classical Greek), but I got...

An A*!!

Congratulations! That's amazing, especially as you've just finished Year 9! Good luck for the next two years, I'm sure you'll be fine. :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DB16
There are people doing history with c's so not a risk as long as you work for it. Often it's the ones with bs at gcses that get the the top marks at a level and those with a/a* tend to slip a bit.

These words were really encouraging. Thank you! :smile:
I got P2 is PE what is that? Is that a D ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Right due to barely any sleep in the last 24 hours, I'm going to have an early night.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nisha.sri
They were alright but i could have done so much better. What about you ?
I got a B. My coursework was a C. I was so shocked and annoyed. The whole class had their Coursework at C and we are the highest set in our school :colonhash: You ?

Oh wow, a B is still really good though :smile: You're teacher must have been stingy with the coursework plus the exam was hard this year.
I only had Statistics results to collect because im in year 9 and our school makes us do Statistics in year 9. I thankfully got an A* which I wasn't expecting at all.
Good luck in the future and I wish you all the best :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Weaverr1
Oh my goodness! I got 5 A*'s and 3 A's! (That'll show the teachers for turning me down prefect for not putting in enough effort XD) Results day was tout á fait increyable pour moi, but the congratulations really go to you guys. I hope your results were everything you dreamed them to be, and those like me taking the exams a year early, next year is gonna be even better!

Samez. I got 5A*'s and 3A's. Congrats. Im really pleased with 5 A*'s cause that was the highest in my year.
Original post by kgbenett
thanks! :h: i hope you do really great in your a levels next year! as long as you try your best, put in as much effort as you are able to and have a lot of passion for what you're studying, i'm sure your grade will be great !! honestly, it was a big shock for me to get an A, i was sure i'd messed my english exams up! i chose to do creative writing on one of the questions, which i've never been confident in :shy2: honestly, in my experience i get better at these things as i get older. especially with english - as you become more mature it becomes easier to analyse text and do creative/persuasive writing, so it's easier to get higher grades i think. by the time you get to doing your english AS level (and especially your A2 level) i'm sure you'll see yourself improving more and more! good luck with everything - your gcse remark and your a levels! :smile:

No problem:smile: . Thank you! I always do try my best, and hopefully will do fine. Thanks so much for the encouragement! I wish i had a friend like you:h:. Yeah that makes a lot of sense, the more mature you get the easier it is. Also doesn't help im one of the youngest in the year! I wish i was in year 11 next year, be a lot more fair haha.......just one thing bringing me down, i talk to my friend's about doing English Literature and they all laugh and say i shouldn't. Im confused what to do, everyone says im good at English but are them friends right?
image.jpegI didn't get what I wanted but I'm so grateful for my results
3A*s, 5As and 2Bs.
Well done to everyone x
I got a flipping A in English language and A* in English literature which I'm so surprised and ecstatic about!
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone know if I can find out my mark for edexcel maths? On my results sheet it only told me my grade and not my mark or UMS unlike all my other subjects
Yeah I hate how it's like that. I want to know how many marks I got.
Original post by Alex.trin
Does anyone know if I can find out my mark for edexcel maths? On my results sheet it only told me my grade and not my mark or UMS unlike all my other subjects
I got:
4 C
3 A
1 B
1 Merit (btec business)
1 F ( Maths).
9/10 things passed
4/5 - happy with my results (apart from maths)
Does anyone have any idea of the wjec English language grade boundaries this year?
9 A's

1 A* (Maths of all things)

1 B (Stupid English language ruined the streak, got a D in one thing the ****?)

So it turns out I shouldn't have worried, don't have a ****ing clue how I got so many A's, I expected a few more B's atleast in RE, Maths maybe.

Also, turns out I Aced Edexcel B3, IMO the hardest exam there is. I got 80/80 UMS points... from an exam which, No joke, I literally revised for the saturday and sunday before the exam. Shows how retarded they are, just pure blind luck really.

3 years of my life built up to some money, chocolate, and a piece of paper with a few letters on it. A bit anticlimactic really, now I just sort of wait around, which is a bit boring.

Latest