The Student Room Group

What does it mean exactly when a girl says that she didn't feel a spark?

I was chatting with a girl that I liked & just asked her why she wasn't interested in dating me & she said she didn't feel a spark (but it had nothing to do with my appearance). I'm trying to figure out what it was. I haven't exactly met her that much, like did I act to awkward, not flirty/funny enough etc??? How do you create a spark with a girl, just wondering. Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Multitalented me
I was chatting with a girl that I liked & just asked her why she wasn't interested in dating me & she said she didn't feel a spark (but it had nothing to do with my appearance). I'm trying to figure out what it was. I haven't exactly met her that much, like did I act to awkward, not funny enough etc??? How do you create a spark with a girl, just wondering. Thanks :smile:

No go ma man
Reply 2
I was chatting with a girl that I liked & just asked her why she wasn't interested in dating me & she said she didn't feel a spark (but it had nothing to do with my appearance). I'm trying to figure out what it was. I haven't exactly met her that much, like did I act to awkward, not funny enough etc??? How do you create a spark with a girl, just wondering. Thanks :smile:

You're just not her type dude. Reapply the bait and put your fishing line back the sea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it means chemistry. It's possible to find someone physically attractive but you just don't feel an interest in them as a person. Anything can throw it off, personality, demeanor, attitude, tone of voice etc. It's all small things that add to overall attractiveness, not just physical.
means she didn't get wet
I was chatting with a girl that I liked & just asked her why she wasn't interested in dating me & she said she didn't feel a spark (but it had nothing to do with my appearance). I'm trying to figure out what it was. I haven't exactly met her that much, like did I act to awkward, not flirty/funny enough etc??? How do you create a spark with a girl, just wondering. Thanks :smile:

As I said before mate, I think you may be trying a bit too hard. Take a step back and breath a little. :smile:

If she "doesn't feel the spark", she's not interested.
Original post by Andy98
You're just not her type dude. Reapply the bait and put your fishing line back the sea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Trying to wonder why though haha, she said to my friend that she doesn't have a type but said some people you just click with instantly. I just felt that I didn't really have enough of an opportunity to show who I really am.
I'm a girl, and I've been told before that the guy 'hasn't had the spark'. Unfortunately, it's just a way of saying that they aren't attracted to you enough, whether that be physically, or personality-wise.

It sucks, and I used to ask myself how you could create a spark too, but I'm not sure if you can. All you can do is be yourself and show that you're interested in the other person. There will be others who will feel that 'spark' though :smile: Good luck
Reply 8
Trying to wonder why though haha, she said to my friend that she doesn't have a type but said some people you just click with instantly. I just felt that I didn't really have enough of an opportunity to show who I really am.

Ahhhh, so you're one of those people who takes a while to come out their shell?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks man, it's just been bugging me a lot recently as I was really interested in this girl. I do need to let go though I feel haha! :smile:

You have nothing in common, no interests, didn't feel there was anything more she could get excited about. **** her mate, you'll find a lass who's better I'm sure.
Original post by Andy98
Ahhhh, so you're one of those people who takes a while to come out their shell?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No necessarily it's just that I sometimes feel a bit nervous around girls I really like as I want to create a good impression so might freeze/not say the right things at first. I guess I'll just have to take this as a learning curve :smile:

Original post by daydream28
I'm a girl, and I've been told before that the guy 'hasn't had the spark'. Unfortunately, it's just a way of saying that they aren't attracted to you enough, whether that be physically, or personality-wise.

It sucks, and I used to ask myself how you could create a spark too, but I'm not sure if you can. All you can do is be yourself and show that you're interested in the other person. There will be others who will feel that 'spark' though :smile: Good luck
Yeah pretty much, yeah I think being yourself is imperative in all of this as well as not beating yourself up about it. Different people have different preferences I guess :smile:
Thanks man, it's just been bugging me a lot recently as I was really interested in this girl. I do need to let go though I feel haha! :smile:

Yeah don't worry about it :smile: I wasted so much time trying to get a guy who only saw me as a friend to like me. It didn't work, and I regret it. It's frustrating, but if you've only been yourself, there is nothing else you could have done.
Afterwards ,the spark doesn't always come right away. Maybe it would have come later for her, but who knows.
But I think that in this instance it's best to meet other girls :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by daydream28

Yeah, the spark is just that moment when you click; that moment when you become friends. That's all it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
No necessarily it's just that I sometimes feel a bit nervous around girls I really like as I want to create a good impression so might freeze/not say the right things at first. I guess I'll just have to take this as a learning curve :smile:

Yeah, I completely get that. Unfortunately you're gonna have to overcome that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Simply put, you came across as a beta and didnt turn her on in the slightest. Learn some kino techniques and learn to become good at flirting/seduction.
'C...c..can we date please?' Just aint gonna cut it boyo
Original post by Andy98
Yeah, I completely get that. Unfortunately you're gonna have to overcome that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Indeed, I think it's all experience to be honest. I'm starting to get better by pushing myself by starting conversations with girls etc. It just really bugged me why aha :tongue:
Original post by loooopppyyy
Probably the easiest way of putting it, she didn't get that 'excited' feeling that you somegtimes get in your stomach when your in close proximity to someone you really fancy.

Just say wet.
Original post by ALittleLost25
Simply put, you came across as a beta and didnt turn her on in the slightest. Learn some kino techniques and learn to become good at flirting/seduction.
'C...c..can we date please?' Just aint gonna cut it boyo

keekee
She doesn't have that feeling you get when you really like someone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending