The Student Room Group

What were the A* marks for the AQA mechanics and stats modules this year?

An answer would be appreciated. Especially in terms of a percentage.
Original post by 1jonam16
An answer would be appreciated. Especially in terms of a percentage.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2016.PDF

Not sure if A*s exist in individual units for AQA (they don't in Edexcel, but if you mean 90%+ then it doesn't really matter)

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2016.PDF

Not sure if A*s exist in individual units for AQA (they don't in Edexcel, but if you mean 90%+ then it doesn't really matter)

Good luck!

Thanks for the help, but I don't do A level so I have no clue about the individual units. Could you guide me please?
Reply 3
Here are the scores to which 90 UMS corresponded in June 2016.
Mechanics 1 - 76% (57/75)
Mechanics 2 - 84% (63/75)
Statistics 1 - 85.3% (64/75)
Statistics 2 - 92% (69/75)

If you want the conversion points for Mechanics 3, 4 and 5, and for Statistics 3, 4, 5, and 6, you can use the conversion table or graph which appears at the bottom upon entering any score for those units.
http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/results-days/grade-boundaries-and-ums/ums-converter
Thanks for the help, but I don't do A level so I have no clue about the individual units. Could you guide me please?

See above for a more helpful answer :h: (I don't actually do AQA so I'm not familiar with the slightly weird codes for mechanics etc)

You're probably trying to choose which applied modules to do.. so good luck! :h:
Reply 5
Original post by smartsy
Here are the scores to which 90 UMS corresponded in June 2016.
Mechanics 1 - 76% (57/75)
Mechanics 2 - 84% (63/75)
Statistics 1 - 85.3% (64/75)
Statistics 2 - 92% (69/75)

If you want the conversion points for Mechanics 3, 4 and 5, and for Statistics 3, 4, 5, and 6, you can use the conversion table or graph which appears at the bottom upon entering any score for those units.
http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/results-days/grade-boundaries-and-ums/ums-converter

Original post by SeanFM
See above for a more helpful answer :h: (I don't actually do AQA so I'm not familiar with the slightly weird codes for mechanics etc)

You're probably trying to choose which applied modules to do.. so good luck! :h:

Yep I am Sean! And thanks a lot smartsy, exactly what I needed. Yh, i was just confused with the weird codes. Do you know why stats is so much higher?
Reply 6
Yep I am Sean! And thanks a lot smartsy, exactly what I needed. Yh, i was just confused with the weird codes. Do you know why stats is so much higher?

Nobody can say for sure, but I suppose it's because a lot of the content in the stats modules overlaps with GCSE content, as a result of which many students do better in these modules, bringing the boundaries up. Many people find mechanics difficult to get used to, bringing the boundaries down, but if you do enough practice you can take advantage of the low boundaries and get full UMS, instances of which I have seen most commonly among Mechanics 1 students, especially those in Year 13. :smile: Are you doing/going to be doing Maths A Level?
Reply 7
Original post by smartsy
Nobody can say for sure, but I suppose it's because a lot of the content in the stats modules overlaps with GCSE content, as a result of which many students do better in these modules, bringing the boundaries up. Many people find mechanics difficult to get used to, bringing the boundaries down, but if you do enough practice you can take advantage of the low boundaries and get full UMS, instances of which I have seen most commonly among Mechanics 1 students, especially those in Year 13. :smile: Are you doing/going to be doing Maths A Level?

Yep, I think i've made my mind up on mechanics, also becauuse i think I'd enjoy it more.

Quick Reply

Latest