The Student Room Group

Alevel problem!!!!!!

I want to become a doctor hopefully in the future and I did not manage to get a B for chemistry to get into sixth forms but I did manage to get an A for bio.....
is it possible to become a doctor with only bio and maths sociology and business as an A level or is chemistry really compulsory ..if yes what career options do I have available to pursue

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by huntler123
I want to become a doctor hopefully in the future and I did not manage to get a B for chemistry to get into sixth forms but I did manage to get an A for bio.....
is it possible to become a doctor with only bio and maths sociology and business as an A level or is chemistry really compulsory ..if yes what career options do I have available to pursue

I think the a levels you chose are good and it will let you become a doctor.
Reply 2
Original post by Melika m

thanks
Reply 3

thanks
Reply 4

I'm sorry to say that you cannot become a doctor with no Chemistry at A level. It is an absolute requirement at every single medical school.
Reply 5

What are you on about? Chemistry is compulsory
For medicine you would looking at studying: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Psychology

If you don't achieve your intended results which I would imagine would be AAAB then you can get into a medicine foundation year.
Reply 7
Original post by SGHD26716
I'm sorry to say that you cannot become a doctor with no Chemistry at A level. It is an absolute requirement at every single medical school.

what other career option do i have
Reply 8

Reply 9

What do you like? What are you good at?

looooooooooooooooooooooooool what are you talking about
Reply 11
What do you like? What are you good at?

biology
Reply 12
biology

Right, so if I was you I would do biomedical science. You need to do biology, maths and physics to say get into Birmingham
Reply 13
Right, so if I was you I would do biomedical science. You need to do biology, maths and physics to say get into Birmingham

i am just doing biology and maths not physics
Reply 14

Reply 15

What about regular biology or marine biology?
Reply 16
What about regular biology or marine biology?

what could i do with that

On TSR somewhere there are the entry requirements for ever med school
Reply 18

How have you done in Physics? If you've done good in that, do it instead of Business or sociology. It opens up more options for you.

With just biology, the options are a bit low. Research scientist?
Reply 19

Also, as you are doing Maths and business, maybe you could do accountancy?

Quick Reply

Latest