The Student Room Group

Can Trump Get The Black Vote?

(edited 7 years ago)
I think Trump will win the black vote. Blacks and Mexicans have a long history of racism and violence against each other. I think Trump will win the black vote simply because blacks would love to see a wall built at the Mexican border.
Original post by emobambam
I think Trump will win the black vote. Blacks and Mexicans have a long history of racism and violence against each other. I think Trump will win the black vote simply because blacks would love to see a wall built at the Mexican border.

He's currently at 4%, so things aren't looking to good for him.

How nice, generalising Black people as racists. I have no problem with Mexicans or any ethnic group. There is no Mexican who I dislike more than Trump so far.
No because they are fools blinded by pandering democrats. to quote Lyndon B. Johnson after signing the 1964 civil rights act: "this'll keep them nig*ers voting democrat for a hundred years".
Original post by Razamataz666
No because they are fools blinded by pandering democrats. to quote Lyndon B. Johnson after signing the 1964 civil rights act: "this'll keep them nig*ers voting democrat for a hundred years".

Aaaaand Trump supporters reinforce why Blacks are not voting for him, yet again *hint: it has nothing to do with the quote* :lol:

That's a rather disgusting quote.

That's true. There is a history of black and mexican violence. However, most of those type of people don't actually tend to vote. Because they're criminals or too lazy to vote.
Original post by WBZ144
Aaaaand Trump supporters reinforce why Blacks are not voting for him, yet again *hint: it has nothing to do with the quote* :lol:

the quote shows that the democrats know how to manipulate black voters, Hillary with her 'hot sauce' for example, it also shows the democrats dont care. Baltimore, Milwaukee and Flint are all run by democrats. You prove that you have been blinded by the Hillary backing US media. Trump really is right when he says "you have nothing to lose" because he is right. Look beyond who you may dislike, Trump, and see that he is better than crooked Hillary.
the quote shows that the democrats know how to manipulate black voters, Hillary with her 'hot sauce' for example, it also shows the democrats dont care. Baltimore, Milwaukee and Flint are all run by democrats. You prove that you have been blinded by the Hillary backing US media. Trump really is right when he says "you have nothing to lose" because he is right. Look beyond who you may dislike, Trump, and see that he is better than crooked Hillary.

1) I don't live in America.

2) I'm not pro-Hillary, far from a fan, actually. Just anti-Trump, that's why I want her to beat him.

3) Even if I lived in America, I would have plenty to lose; my dignity first and foremost by voting for someone who insulted the intelligence of an entire race in one speech. "You guys suck. I mean, surely you can't sink any lower?" is a wonderful sales pitch, works every time. Not to mention that he used false stats and I am from an educated, middle class family.

4) He says that Blacks will vote for him after 4 years but doesn't say why. If African Americans are in the gutter, what will he do to make it better? Again, he doesn't say. Again, he insults the intelligence of an entire race as you (a Trump supporter) did.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144
1) I don't live in America.
2) I'm not pro-Hillary, far from a fan, actually. Just anti-Trump, that's why I want her to beat him.
3) Even if I lived in America, I would have plenty to lose; my dignity first and foremost by voting for someone who insulted the intelligence of an entire race in one speech. "You guys suck. I mean, surely you can't sink any lower?" is a wonderful sales pitch, works every time. Not to mention that he used false stats and I am from an educated, middle class family.
4) He says that Blacks will vote for him after 4 years but doesn't say why. If African Americans are in the gutter, what will he do to make it better? Again, he doesn't say. Again, he insults the intelligence of an entire race as you (a Trump supporter) did.

1) i dont care, you dont have to live in Germany to be a nazi.

2)why not support a third party candidate? why support a lying criminal due to sheer hatred of one man - thats immature.

3)he did not insult your intelligence, he made a plea with evidence to show the democrats dont care about blacks. that is also not a direct quote, with no evidence of false stats used - then again blacks, especially BLM hate using facts. i dont care if your middle class, what relevence does this have? none. and your clearly not educated in politics.

4)again, citation needed for that first quote. he was saying in his speech that blacks have nothing to lose, so why not try something new? granted i do agree he is light on policy, but thats Trump for ya! i, nor Trump insulted your intelligence, or if we did - you aint very intelligent.

overall i'd say that you are clearly brainwashed by the biased Clinton media and UK culture which hates Trump.
1) i dont care, you dont have to live in Germany to be a nazi.

2)why not support a third party candidate? why support a lying criminal due to sheer hatred of one man - thats immature.

3)he did not insult your intelligence, he made a plea with evidence to show the democrats dont care about blacks. that is also not a direct quote, with no evidence of false stats used - then again blacks, especially BLM hate using facts. i dont care if your middle class, what relevence does this have? none. and your clearly not educated in politics.

4)again, citation needed for that first quote. he was saying in his speech that blacks have nothing to lose, so why not try something new? granted i do agree he is light on policy, but thats Trump for ya! i, nor Trump insulted your intelligence, or if we did - you aint very intelligent.

overall i'd say that you are clearly brainwashed by the biased Clinton media and UK culture which hates Trump.

1) It doesn't matter that you don't care; me not living in America means that Trump's diarrhoea of a speech doesn’t apply to me.

2) Initially I wanted Sanders to win but now he's out of the race. Clinton is no worse than the average US president (many of whom lied and have controversies attached to them) and is the only one who can beat Trump right now. If I think that someone is not fit to run the world's most powerful nation, as his policies will affect all of us, and I believe that he should be stopped, it makes perfect sense to want his opponent to win.

3) My socioeconomic background would be very relevant if I was in America, because apparently Trump thought it was smart to rely on pointing at Blacks and shouting "you're poor!" in order to grab more votes because he believes us to be that simple-minded. The 58% youth unemployment was a false stat, it is actually around 25% when counting African Americans between the ages 16-24 who are in education and around 9% when not counting them.

4) What do you call labelling Blacks as "dumb" and saying that we hate facts? But then again, that's the point I was making about Trump and his supporters; you are terrible at disguising your bigotry. And someone would have to truly dumb to vote for a candidate on the basis of policies that he can't even name. If you think that this is good politics then you're the uneducated one.
Source:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-dimondale-michigan-african-american-voters-employment-jobs-crime-a7200576.html
(edited 7 years ago)
The answer is no. He was at 1% with them in the polls recently. (4th)
Original post by ValerieKR
The answer is no. He was at 1% with them in the polls recently. (4th)

Did it decrease from the 4% after his "outreach"? That would make sense.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144
He's currently at 4%, so things aren't looking to good for him.

How nice, generalising Black people as racists. I have no problem with Mexicans or any ethnic group. There is no Mexican who I dislike more than Trump so far.
I meant towards each other. Blacks and Mexicans have a long history in the North America of being racist and violent against each other. How can you strongly dislike somebody you have never ever met or had any personal contact with? You can disagree with his politics but how can you strongly dislike the man when you never had a conversation with him. Maybe you dislike him because he's rich and white. You prove my point when you say there are no Mexicans you dislike more than Trump, so you do have a problem with Mexicans? I wasn't generalizing blacks as being racist. I simply said that when Mexicans and and blacks have a long history of being racist and violent toward each other. Don't play this card where you say just because a black person's black they cannot be racist. Along with all of the other races blacks can be just as racists as anyone else.
(edited 7 years ago)
I meant towards each other. Blacks and Mexicans have a long history in the North America of being racist and violent against each other. How can you strongly dislike somebody you have never ever met or had any personal contact with? You can disagree with his politics but how can you strongly dislike the man when you never had a conversation with him. Maybe you dislike him because he's rich and white. You prove my point when you say there are no Mexicans you dislike more than Trump, so you do have a problem with Mexicans?

How many people dislike Thatcher and haven't met her? And Anjem Choudary? What an idiotic fallacy.

And how does saying that there is no Mexican who I dislike more than Trump equate to saying that I dislike Mexicans? You deserve a round of applause for being so damn logical :clap2:

Many races have a history of violence towards each other. If someone is dumb enough to say "I'm gonna vote for that guy because he insulted *insert race that I don't like here* then they deserve what they get when it all blows up in their faces. Thankfully it seems as though an overwhelming majority of African Americans are not.
Don't play this card where you say just because a black person's black they cannot be racist. Along with all of the other races blacks can be just as racists as anyone else.

:rofl3::rofl::hahaha::laugh:

So the person who played the race card, claiming "you just hate Trump because he's White!" accuses me of playing the race card and of saying that Blacks cannot be racist on what grounds? Oh yeah, for objecting to his generalising statement that Blacks would love to see Mexicans go, and this would be a good enough reason to vote for Trump, even though stats say otherwise. Bravo again :clap2:
(edited 7 years ago)
And how much did Bill Clinton do for African Americans while he was in office. Hillary Clinton broke federal law with her email scandal. Her husband the great President Bill Clinton was caught getting a blowjob from an young intern in the white house while serving as our nation's leader. How many times has Bill Clinton been accused of sexual assault in the past. Hillary Clinton says how can you trust Donald Trump with the nuclear codes. My question is how can you trust Hillary Clinton with the nuclear codes when she's not even being secure with her emails. Is she going to mention the nuclear codes in future emails while her husband is busy getting blowjobs from interns in the White House. Her husband was caught getting a blowjob from a young intern while his wife and daughter were just down the hallway. I have no interest in having another Clinton in office. Is she going to make the male interns perform for her too.
And how much did Bill Clinton do for African Americans while he was in office. Hillary Clinton broke federal law with her email scandal. Her husband the great President Bill Clinton was caught getting a blowjob from an young intern in the white house while serving as our nation's leader. How many times has Bill Clinton been accused of sexual assault in the past. Hillary Clinton says how can you trust Donald Trump with the nuclear codes. My question is how can you trust Hillary Clinton with the nuclear codes when she's not even being secure with her emails. Is she going to mention the nuclear codes in future emails while her husband is busy getting blowjobs from interns in the White House. Her husband was caught getting a blowjob from a young intern while his wife and daughter were just down the hallway. I have no interest in having another Clinton in office. Is she going to make the male interns perform for her too.

How silly; I'm not even a Clinton fan (she's just the lesser evil) but this is totally immature, random and irrelevant to the topic at hand.
I think the fact he doesnt seem to refer to all black people as a single hive mind might help his case.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18

Makes me think you have run out of arguments, not that they were not counterproductive in the first place so just as well.
Reply 19
Hillary already has it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending