The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Nursing at Uni without a Maths GCSE??

Quick question, any answers will be helpful! I would like to study Paediatric nursing at university (hoping somewhere such as Bournemouth Uni) I am pretty certain that i can get the A Level requirements (BBB) however I still haven't got a grade C in maths GCSE. I'm obviously still resting my maths GCSE but I'm worried I won't get into Uni if i don't achieve my C grade in maths. In my last GCSE resit i got a D again. I have all the other required GCSE's (A in english and a C in science) but I'm stressing out that I'm going to get the A Level grades to get onto my course and get turned own because I don't have a Maths GCSE!
I know someone who is starting uni in September and hasn't passed their gcse english but they said to her she will have to resit it along side her course if she doesn't pass so that might happen to you
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I know someone who is starting uni in September and hasn't passed their gcse english but they said to her she will have to resit it along side her course if she doesn't pass so that might happen to you

thank you for your response! Do you know which Uni this was?
Original post by lucx_s
thank you for your response! Do you know which Uni this was?

I think its Westminster and she applied to do international law. You're best to email them incase they don't allow you to do your course
Original post by lucx_s
Quick question, any answers will be helpful! I would like to study Paediatric nursing at university (hoping somewhere such as Bournemouth Uni) I am pretty certain that i can get the A Level requirements (BBB) however I still haven't got a grade C in maths GCSE. I'm obviously still resting my maths GCSE but I'm worried I won't get into Uni if i don't achieve my C grade in maths. In my last GCSE resit i got a D again. I have all the other required GCSE's (A in english and a C in science) but I'm stressing out that I'm going to get the A Level grades to get onto my course and get turned own because I don't have a Maths GCSE!

I certainly wouldn't want to be your patient then!
Original post by lucx_s

Hello,

I'm sorry to tell you that you will need a C or above in Maths GCSE or equivalent - at least for Bournemouth University, anyway.

Try not to worry too much about it - there's nothing more you can do! Stay positive, and if things don't go to plan think about what your other options might be.

I hope it all goes well for you. Are you planning on starting uni this September, or in 2017?

Katie
hi if you dont mind me asking how far off was your friend from a Pass in their english gcse??
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Original post by raawritsaira
hi if you dont mind me asking how far off was your friend from a Pass in their english gcse??

I'm not sure, sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending