The Student Room Group

Grade boundaries for A*

Hey! There's probably a very simple answer to this, but how can I find the grade boundaries to reach an A* grade. On the OCR website, it only lists the boundaries up to A grade and I have no idea how close I was to an A* (and whether it's worth applying for a remark).

Thanks!
Original post by EllaWelly
Hey! There's probably a very simple answer to this, but how can I find the grade boundaries to reach an A* grade. On the OCR website, it only lists the boundaries up to A grade and I have no idea how close I was to an A* (and whether it's worth applying for a remark).

Thanks!

The A* mark is usually the difference between the A and B grade added to the A grade.
Reply 2
Original post by usycool1
The A* mark is usually the difference between the A and B grade added to the A grade.

Ah that is very helpful- thanks! (not sure why they couldn't add that onto the website themselves, though)
Reply 3
Ah that is very helpful- thanks! (not sure why they couldn't add that onto the website themselves, though)

For OCR there is a different table which shows the A* boundaries.
Reply 4
Original post by alow
For OCR there is a different table which shows the A* boundaries.

I can't seem to find it when I google it?

I don't understand how to work out thee boundaries at all! Do I have to add up all the raw marks or all of the UMS marks to compare to my own marks?
Reply 5
I can't seem to find it when I google it?

I don't understand how to work out thee boundaries at all! Do I have to add up all the raw marks or all of the UMS marks to compare to my own marks?

For example: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/176557-a2-units-showing-90-percent-conversion-points-june-2014.pdf

Find you UMS, then add them up.
Reply 6
the A* mark is coming out lower than my mark for this year?

Btw: my mark for as and A2 was 338 for OCR English Lit. If anyone feels like working out how close
I was to an A* that would be suuuuper nice of you because I can't work it out!!
Reply 7
the A* mark is coming out lower than my mark for this year?

Btw: my mark for as and A2 was 338 for OCR English Lit. If anyone feels like working out how close
I was to an A* that would be suuuuper nice of you because I can't work it out!!

You need to convert your marks to UMS, then add them.

338 out of what? You need to work out your individual module scores.

Just saying 338 doesn't really say enough.
Reply 8

Quick Reply