The Student Room Group

friends after rejection

I met a guy last year,start to kno each other better then take things to next level.He told me he truly love me but we must not rush to be in a relationship.Few weeks later we started spending time together,he first kiss me n he apologiesed that we are not dating it wont happen but he continued and just let it be.Everything was fine we used to tell how much we love each other and he also asked where would like to go for honey moon. After a month he told me am expecting things & should stop treating him like my boyfriend and he want us to be friends only. But still he is jealousy knowing that other guys are proposing and he told some of his friends we are dating but all he want is us to be friends. Can we be friends after he rejected me
He sounds like a dickhead and in my experience there's no chance of being friends after being rejected by a guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's awkward in my experience.
Original post by newsunflower
He sounds like a dickhead and in my experience there's no chance of being friends after being rejected by a guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol
Original post by JHENE RHIRHI
I met a guy last year,start to kno each other better then take things to next level.He told me he truly love me but we must not rush to be in a relationship.Few weeks later we started spending time together,he first kiss me n he apologiesed that we are not dating it wont happen but he continued and just let it be.Everything was fine we used to tell how much we love each other and he also asked where would like to go for honey moon. After a month he told me am expecting things & should stop treating him like my boyfriend and he want us to be friends only. But still he is jealousy knowing that other guys are proposing and he told some of his friends we are dating but all he want is us to be friends. Can we be friends after he rejected me

He sounds really immature and can't make his mind up. First he's saying he doesn't wanna date and be your boyfriend then he's planning your future honeymoon?

You need to be straight with him and tell him either we are in a relationship or not and if you can't call him your boyfriend then you will find someone else.
Don't allow him to dictate to you what he wants and don't agree with anything he says if you don't truly believe it, eg he does not want you to think of him as a boyfriend but you do see him as that.
When boys/men act like their ashamed to tell people you are dating or boyfriend and girlfriend then you need to make it clear to them what you want and not agree to everything they say. If he does not like this then dump him.
I think it's weird he asks silly questions like where do you want to go for a honeymoon but if you said it first he would freak out. He seems to think he can say whatever he wants to you but he does not like it when you have an opinion about your relationship and being just friends with him when he says things to confuse you and lead you on all the time is not going to work so you should dump him as a friend too and go out with the other boys/men that ask you out.
Find a real man because clearly he is not one
He keeps giving you mixed messages to confuse you and this is because if he met someone else he can just say to you but we are only friends
You should tell him He does not have any right to be jealous of other boys that ask you out if your just friends
You need to put him in his place because like the other person wrote he is a dick
I asked out (after a ONS) who is now my best friend once. she said no

Both of us now have our own partners but are very close as friends.

In my opinion, he sounds very delusional and has lead you on so many times based on the word "love". It's not healthy to be drawn into mind games.

Personally, I would not want to be friends with someone like him and would simply lose all contacts with him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
No honey don't let any man treat you like that xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending