The Student Room Group

My boyfriend showers only once unless he's going out.

In a happy relationship and have been for over 2 years. I just wanted to ask if it was normal for a guy to shower only once or twice a week?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have heard this is actually not that uncommon.

Personally I might not shower on Saturday if I didn't leave the house on Saturday.
His gooch must reek
It's normal, and healthier than showering every day
Reply 4
Original post by IamJacksContempt
His gooch must reek

It stinks so good :fyi:

If I'm just working from home or ****ing around and only meeting a girl I'll not shower. Besides, the water's full of oestrogen, drugs and other ****, why expose myself to that unless I really have to
Reply 5
What the actual hell... Are you seriously asking this question?

This is, in all honesty, disgusting.
:') I'm sure it depends on the guy. My ex showered every day and hated having to skip it, whereas my current boyfriend pretends to be obsessed with hygiene, but sometimes only bothers to shower once in a week.
Can depend on how many people in the home need to use the bathroom, how tired they are after the day, how greasy their hair gets lol.
I typically shower once every couple of days unless it's the summer and that's only if I'm leaving the house.

The heat that's been going on lately has warranted a shower every day...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is he a heavy sweater? Or have a need to shower daily? I shower every other day - i dont need to shower every day.

Daily showering is a socially ingrained thing. Its not a necessity
Once a week is disgusting.
Reply 10
Maybe this is just me, but all the boyfriends I've had have been heavy sweaters ... so they would never miss a day showering. I guess if the person doesn't exercise much then it could be every other day, but less than that ..?
Original post by silverbolt
Is he a heavy sweater? Or have a need to shower daily? I shower every other day - i dont need to shower every day.

Daily showering is a socially ingrained thing. Its not a necessity

Not taking a dump in park is also a socially ingrained thing but, just like daily showering, it's a good thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Ezme39
Maybe this is just me, but all the boyfriends I've had have been heavy sweaters ... so they would never miss a day showering. I guess if the person doesn't exercise much then it could be every other day, but less than that ..?

Don't you love the smell of post exercise underarms? Many of my exes have loved sniffing and smelling me. Maybe I just have a nice smell.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Why shower at all? :smile:

The Natural way to get clean is through Rain - when it Rains, I go for a walk in my birthday suit; when it doesn't Rain, I take it as a Sign that Mother Nature doesn't think I need a shower.

I take this whole post a sign you need medical help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
Not taking a dump in park is also a socially ingrained thing but, just like daily showering, it's a good thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

False equivalence.

Taking a dump in a public park is a health risk (hence why its illegal) - not showering every day is not.
That’s rank, I shower once a day mostly, once every two days maximum. In the school year however, I shower in the morning and night because school is stressy
Original post by Underscore__

Posted from TSR Mobile

Daily showering is what's causing things like allergies and skin conditions.
Shower every couple of days so that way your skin has time to recover, showering daily removes all the beneficial bacterial flora from the skin...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by 41b
Don't you love the smell of post exercise underarms? Many of my exes have loved sniffing and smelling me. Maybe I just have a nice smell.

Aha, with some people it can smell okay I guess! I'm not particularly a fan though. Also, if it's straight after exercise then that's much better than stale sweat...
I have more of a problem with the feel of sweat than the smell tbf; trying to hug a guy who's covered in sweat is a bit of a turn off :P
I personally like the subtle smell of BO though, might just be a personal thing.
Don't know about you guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Hasn't held Bob Geldof back and it does save energy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending