The Student Room Group

Help! I cant do chemistry for a level but want to do medicine

the criteria for chemistry a level is a B in mathetmatics in which I didn't get:frown: school have advised me to consider jut doing biology (they made an exception and allowed me to do biology as less maths is involved, they don't want to allow me to do chemistry incase the maths is a bit too much for me) and perhaps English lit as I got an A* at GCSE level and also sociology and psychology. I can re-take maths to try and get that B grade in November, and that way I can drop English and sociology and swap for chemistry. however, I would have missed months of chemistry AS work because I cant take it until I get a B in maths.
any advice please?
Retaking is a good idea especially if you need the chem for what you want to do. Get yourself a revision guide or find a study buddy or tutor who can help you with the bits you missed.
Original post by alicepalacexx
the criteria for chemistry a level is a B in mathetmatics in which I didn't get:frown: school have advised me to consider jut doing biology (they made an exception and allowed me to do biology as less maths is involved, they don't want to allow me to do chemistry incase the maths is a bit too much for me) and perhaps English lit as I got an A* at GCSE level and also sociology and psychology. I can re-take maths to try and get that B grade in November, and that way I can drop English and sociology and swap for chemistry. however, I would have missed months of chemistry AS work because I cant take it until I get a B in maths.
any advice please?

The options you have are:
Retake maths GCSE and then take chemistry
Finish your a levels, do an undergraduate degree in a science related subject (usually biomedical science) and enter a graduate medicine programme
thank you so much!
do you need chemistry for a biomedical science degree? I am just worried that anything related to getting into medicine will be unavailable to me due to no chemistry at a level...

Quick Reply

Latest