The Student Room Group

2016 A-level Remarks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lularose83
That's amazing 😊Congratulations!

Thanks :smile: although Durham only offering my a place for 2017 entry now :doh:probs taking a forced gap year

You going to uni? well done on your f324 remark :smile:
0 change in UMS in both Economics U3+ U4 and English Lit...
New corrupt *****y ****ing system making it very very hard to get a change in marks because they merely just review the marking and as long as a "clear error" in original marking is not evident, marks don't change, so in order for the marks to change you need to get ****ed over by a big enough margin the first time round.
Original post by itsConnor_
Thanks :smile: although Durham only offering my a place for 2017 entry now :doh:probs taking a forced gap year

You going to uni? well done on your f324 remark :smile:

Aghh that's so unfair :frown: but a gap year can be a great thing, I wish I was still taking one! Thank you😊
Original post by Windies
0 change in UMS in both Economics U3+ U4 and English Lit...
New corrupt *****y ****ing system making it very very hard to get a change in marks because they merely just review the marking and as long as a "clear error" in original marking is not evident, marks don't change, so in order for the marks to change you need to get ****ed over by a big enough margin the first time round.

Sorry to hear that :frown: Have you lost a uni place because of it? Are you appealing?
Sorry to hear that :frown: Have you lost a uni place because of it? Are you appealing?

I got AAA, missed out on A* A* A by a few UMS

Got offer from KCL for history w/ econ
OR
I can take a gap year and apply for Law LLB at QMUL...

Gap year would mean I wouldn't need to borrow the 27K tuition fee and subsequently not having to pay those monthly interest repayments which can range from £100 to £250 plus the X% of income.

Vying towards option 2, but I'll have a think about it.

Really disappointed with the new system where remarks have been scrapped and only reviews now exist, which for essay based subjects are appallingly useless.
Biology Unit 4 WJEC went up by 17 ums, overall grade change from a B to an A
Still waiting on my priority AQA remark for geography; have AQA got any papers back yet....?
Original post by cclaireb
Still waiting on my priority AQA remark for geography; have AQA got any papers back yet....?

We've had all of our re-marks (priority or not) put in by last weekend back.
Original post by family'sfailure
Would you not think about getting a copy of the script and getting an English teacher to double check it? My English lit also came back still a B but I am waiting for the script and if my teachers believe it's worth an A (for an overall A*) then I'll look into appealing it.

I've already got into my firm choice so I dunno I think I'll just leave it :/ I could always retake the exam next year to get the A overall :smile:
Original post by Compost
We've had all of our re-marks (priority or not) put in by last weekend back.

So AQA have already remarked them all?
Needed one ums for an a in ocr english lit and went up by 9. Happy days and exam board is ocr
up 5 UMS in OCR MEI maths
Original post by Gemsteele
Ah I'm spec A! Got in to my insurance but my place at my firm hangs on this remark! I'm praying for a miracle though as I need 10 marks! But my units in English were A* A A D so I'm hoping they forgot to mark a question because it doesn't seem right!

OMG exactly the same with me after getting A*/A/B all year, but got my script back and 2 people had marked it? Like one person has checked what the first person had done, so I'm just going to leave it now.
In fairness I got 3 hrs of sleep before that exam (learnt my lesson now lol)
Original post by QPRTeags
up 5 UMS in OCR MEI maths

Which paper did u remark? Was that enough to change ur grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fudgeboy989
Which paper did u remark? Was that enough to change ur grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm only AS, I got C2 remarked and the paper went from a B to an A, making my grade A overall.
Finally - one of my remarks went up by TWENTY UMS.
Original post by Windies

congrats!! thats amazing!! what exam board?
Original post by sarahellens
congrats!! thats amazing!! what exam board?

Edexcel
Original post by Windies

wow! congrats :smile: how many raw marks is that?
wow! congrats :smile: how many raw marks is that?

10 raw

Quick Reply

Latest