The Student Room Group

Is psychology hard at a-level?

I'm really interested in doing psychology at a-level but I'm scared that it will be hard at a-level. I find the subject interesting and i think i will enjoy but I'm just unsure of whether the work load is huge and if there's a lot of writing involved (I'm not a great writer as I got a B in english language and lit at gcse)
I'm thinking of taking maths, chemistry and psychology in order to do biochemistry or become a psychiatrist. Is it worth taking psychology or should I take maths, chemistry and biology instead?
No. It's basically one big memory test
Psychology was by far the best subject I took! So so so interesting and will appeal to absolutely anyone. If you have basic mathematic skills and the ability to write essays, you will go far in this subject. I highly recommend it :smile:

After thought - If you want to be a psychiatrist, psychology is definitely essential. You will do a lot of topics that are similar to psychiatry and these are usually the most interesting! (eg. characteristics and diagnosis of schizophrenia)
(edited 7 years ago)
Was about to post this question
Original post by Pinkberry_y
No. It's basically one big memory test

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fair amount of content but really easy to memorise... Literally once you've wrote your notes you need 2 days tops to memorise a topic

Quick Reply

Latest