The Student Room Group

Are my grades good enough for Oxbridge?

Scroll to see replies

For grad entry medicine:

GCSE: 5A*1A1B (english)
A2: ABC (+ a* in epq)
Degree: first

Its my dream to study at oxbridge, any comments on my chances??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Justtryingtolive
For grad entry medicine:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Off top of my head, Cambridge only accept graduate entry medicine at one of the mature colleges as an affiliate student at.
Maybe you want to contact them (admission office of the colleges) and ask about their requirement?

Or you can post your question in @Lucy Cavendish Admissions thread; one in this forum and the other in university of Cambridge forum. (Both stickies)
Theyre one of their mature colleges and only for female but I'm sure she give you info & advice.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 23
For grad entry medicine:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What were your A-levels and your degree course.

And as per Vincrows, check with the LucyCav tutor. She's very helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
What were your A-levels and your degree course.

And as per Vincrows, check with the LucyCav tutor. She's very helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a tonne!! My a levels: bio chem maths, my degree: biomed (will start this year)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vincrows
Off top of my head, Cambridge only accept graduate entry medicine at one of the mature colleges as an affiliate student at.
Maybe you want to contact them (admission office of the colleges) and ask about their requirement?

Or you can post your question in @Lucy Cavendish Admissions thread; one in this forum and the other in university of Cambridge forum. (Both stickies)
Theyre one of their mature colleges and only for female but I'm sure she give you info & advice.

Thanks I just posted on one of their threads right now!! Just waiting for a response now:smile: thanksss!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks I just posted on one of their threads right now!! Just waiting for a response now:smile: thanksss!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, just noticed.
So 'a first' is what you're hoping to achieve in the course you haven't yet started, then, not what you already have?
Best of luck. :wink:
Reply 27
Thanks a tonne!! My a levels: bio chem maths, my degree: biomed (will start this year)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm, planning ahead... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vincrows
Yes, just noticed.
So 'a first' is what you're hoping to achieve in the course you haven't yet started, then, not what you already have?
Best of luck. :wink:

Ahahah yep what I'm hoping to achieve! I'll work bloody hard and make sure I get it! Thanks!:wink:
Reply 29
Original post by kennethdcharles
I appreciate that this question is probably the most asked question on tsr, but please take my case individually and give me some advice. I'm not here to brag about my results, I just want a fair judgement from others who may know more than me. I'd really love too to Oxford to study physics. I got 7A*s 3As and a B plus an A in the FSMQ additional maths (highest grade possible is an A). Now I'd like to know whether these grades are below average, average or above average for firstly an Oxbridge applicant and secondly an Oxbridge physics applicant, and would the B hinder my application? Thanks a lot in advance

Your GCSEs are good enough, I only had 4A*s, 3As and 4Bs and managed to get in
Reply 30
Original post by MHI
Your GCSEs are good enough, I only had 4A*s, 3As and 4Bs and managed to get in

Cheers! May I ask, was that at Oxford or Cambridge and for what course please? Thanks a tonne 😊
Reply 31
Original post by alevelstresss
the maths is pretty hard, probably some of the harder side of C3 and C4, and some elements to further maths modules, and C1/C2 knowledge

the physics part is generally easy, but some content you might not recognise

Thanks for the insight! So I'm assuming however that all the maths was maths you'd seen before then?
Original post by kennethdcharles
Thanks for the insight! So I'm assuming however that all the maths was maths you'd seen before then?

yeah pretty much, but the technique required were quite tricky
Reply 33
Original post by alevelstresss
yeah pretty much, but the technique required were quite tricky

Alright cool, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending