The Student Room Group

2017 Consulting summer internships/Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

what places are open atm, I've done Deloitte and passed the tests but looking to apply elsewhere??
Original post by WarwickEconJ
what places are open atm, I've done Deloitte and passed the tests but looking to apply elsewhere??

Consulting firms tend to open much later (closer to Jan).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by WarwickEconJ

KPMG is
Reply 23
Original post by Cerdic
KPMG is

Do you know when KPMG opened? I don't seem to remember seeing the open applications last week.

Also does anyone know when they close?
Original post by Foxab77
Done my Spring Weeks in Consultancy and Finance, feeling confident about my summer internship application. Good luck guys :smile:

Which consultancy spring weeks did you apply to / attend? I was originally thinking about going into IB but I'm leaning towards Consultancy instead now
Original post by anonwinner
Which consultancy spring weeks did you apply to / attend? I was originally thinking about going into IB but I'm leaning towards Consultancy instead now

would be one of the big4 (spring into deloitte, pwc or strat& talent academy, kpmg first year insight etc..) or mckinsey discover/horizons...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
would be one of the big4 (spring into deloitte, pwc or strat& talent academy, kpmg first year insight etc..) or mckinsey discover/horizons...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ty
Original post by anonwinner
Ty

Just apply for both IB and consulting, thats what I did and I got an offer from both an IB and PwC.
It also allows you to compare the two and see which one you prefer/like more.
Original post by groovyd97
Just apply for both IB and consulting, thats what I did and I got an offer from both an IB and PwC.

This^

Even going down the IB route all the way up to summer analyst would be a good background to apply for grad consulting roles with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know of any particularly good books/resources which teach about IBD/m&a/financial advisory?? Different roles, what it actually entails
Original post by Username13
Does anyone know of any particularly good books/resources which teach about IBD/m&a/financial advisory?? Different roles, what it actually entails

vault guide

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by groovyd97

I want to do this but I dunno how hard uni is gonna be so I thought applying to just consulting would be less pressure and allow me more time to focus on uni work. I'll decide when I actually arrive and start lectures etc.
Original post by ryanboi
I assume you mean the online numerical test - it's GCSE Maths but lots of people struggle with the time limits. The main point of the test is to test you on how quickly you can interpret graphs and huge chunk of information and use those information to do simple calculations. Practice a few numerical test and you should be fine!

A couple have harder tests. I seem to remember at least one firm having combinatorics.
So that KPMG numerical killed me. I've read they use one the hardest test providers, does this still hold?
when do spring week applications open for consultancy?
Original post by AenigmaFx
So that KPMG numerical killed me. I've read they use one the hardest test providers, does this still hold?

It was insanely hard. I mean, INSANELY.

I think they are aware. I somehow managed to pass, so the pass mark must be very very very low.

I am talking less than 50% possibly.
Original post by AfricanPrinceXI

I think they are aware. I somehow managed to pass, so the pass mark must be very very very low.

Yh it kinda demotivated me as soon as i hit question 3 loool. Ah well.
Any idea where to get Capp practise tests for Deloitte.

Reply 38
Original post by AenigmaFx

Original post by AfricanPrinceXI

Glad it wasn't just me who thought that! The maths itself was OK, but there was no way I could finish
Hey all, considering applying for a grad role in consulting after a year of big 4 assurance experience. Assessment day useful for these sorts of online tests?

Quick Reply

Latest