The Student Room Group

Help with A level choice

Maths / further maths / chemistry / biology
Do you think these are a good set of A levels to take, or will they be too much work? I got an A* in maths and A's in both biology and chemistry for GCSE.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by SteveDogg23
Do you think these are a good set of A levels to take, or will they be too much work? I got an A* in maths and A's in both biology and chemistry for GCSE.

Overall sounds like a fantastic A-level choice and opens a wide range of uni courses to you👌😊Biology and Chemistry won't be too much work they are relatively simple A-levels I managed to learn without tutors so you should be fine I also did maths but not sure about physics but seeing as you did so well at GCSE should be no problem 😃 Good luck 🍀
Original post by SteveDogg23

They look good to me - maths is still modular so that will help with the workload.

What do you think you might study at uni? It might be worth checking options post 18 to check whether Physics might be needed.
hey there! I've posted a question similar to this, except regarding sociology, chemistry and biology. Because we have mutual science options, you can read the comments on my thread so you can see different opinions on how hard chemistry and biology at A level really are. :smile:

Quick Reply