The Student Room Group

Should I delete social media?

Hi everyone,
New here. I was wondering if I should delete Instagram/snapchat so I can focus on my gcse more. They are quite distracting. I have big aims to be a vetinary surgeon. Any advice? Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

yh they are awful anyway

Spoiler

Original post by stirra
Hi everyone,
New here. I was wondering if I should delete Instagram/snapchat so I can focus on my gcse more. They are quite distracting. I have big aims to be a vet ary surgeon. Any advice? Thanks

If you feel it's a distraction, yes.
For GCSE I didn't go for this approach as it was still a very social time where friendship groups continue to change and develop. A levels are where you really need to knuckle down and focus more on academics than social life. I deleted my social media at the start of A level and it was the best decision I ever made! Don't let yourself be distracted and keep focusing on your long term goal, and you will do fab. Best of luck:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
yh they are awful anyway

Spoiler

Haha. I don't think they're that bad
Reply 5
Original post by hattie_creese
For GCSE I didn't go for this approach as it was still a very social time where friendship groups continue to change and develop. A levels are where you really need to knuckle down and focus more on academics than social life. I deleted my social media at the start of A level and it was the best decision I ever made! Don't let yourself be distracted and keep focusing on your long term goal, and you will do fab. Best of luck:smile:

I see what you mean. Will definitely be gone before a levels but not sure about gcse's just yet. Thanks a lot :smile: x
Should I delete TSR account - I'm finding it distracting :colone:
Original post by stirra
Haha. I don't think they're that bad

they really are though!They waste your time, they have nothing necessary in them, just get 1 like facebook but dont get the app on your phone. Therefore limiting the only use of it to your PC but tbh, cba with PC therefore you wont be tempted to procrastinate as much
Its TSR that is the issue with procrastination
Believe me - I know :erm:
Reply 8
You don't have to delete it. Just only use it at certain times of the day.
Yes. They add absolutely nothing to your life
complete waste of time: DELEET
Reply 11
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
they really are though!They waste your time, they have nothing necessary in them, just get 1 like facebook but dont get the app on your phone. Therefore limiting the only use of it to your PC but tbh, cba with PC therefore you wont be tempted to procrastinate as much
Its TSR that is the issue with procrastination
Believe me - I know :erm:

Sometimes I do need it to contact friends about skl work but I suppose if I actually write down the homework I wouldn't need to ask them:biggrin:

Oh well, I guess your right, not what I wanted to hear:tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Yes. They add absolutely nothing to your life

Original post by the bear
complete waste of time: DELEET

More "DELETE" than "KEEP" so might have to delete soon :frown:
Reply 13
Also surprised on how quick everyone replies
Appreciate the kindness :colondollar:
Reply 14
Delete ASAP
Reply 15
Even if you do end up deleting, you may end up creating a new account when bored.
Work until 9 then do whatever the hell you want, time to relax is important so rather than removing your sources of relaxation just manage your time better so that you can work at a high intensity then relax properly.
Original post by stirra
Hi everyone,
New here. I was wondering if I should delete Instagram/snapchat so I can focus on my gcse more. They are quite distracting. I have big aims to be a vet ary surgeon. Any advice? Thanks

I deleted my most used social media apps when I was revising for my mocks and actual GCSEs and it did help get rid of the distraction. You don't need to delete them for a long time, just whenever you have intense revision periods e.g. during the holidays / close to exam time.
Instagram is pretty pointless anyway. Just get rid!
QUOTE=stirra;67229794]Hi everyone,
I've deleted all my social media (except Facebook but I only use that so my mum can message me to come down for dinner :giggle:), however, I got the TSR community, so it's fine. :h:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest