The Student Room Group

is it fair for colleges to not accept students based on the grade breakdown?

my friend got a B overall in her biology gcse, which is the requirement for my sixth form, but when they looked at the break down of her grades in each paper it was a* a b c and they have not allowed her to do the course based on the one c even though she got a B overall. I don't think this is very fair as it usually only specifies their requirement as a B overall not in each unit. I don't know I just don't like it. Thoughts?
Original post by jasminglynne
my friend got a B overall in her biology gcse, which is the requirement for my sixth form, but when they looked at the break down of her grades in each paper it was a* a b c and they have not allowed her to do the course based on the one c even though she got a B overall. I don't think this is very fair as it usually only specifies their requirement as a B overall not in each unit. I don't know I just don't like it. Thoughts?

It's a bit odd but if the college thinks they can't get somebody a good grade at A-level based on a particular exam then that's their call. If they thought your friend could get a good grade at A level they would accept them.

Quick Reply

Latest