The Student Room Group

Anyone here a fan of Lana Del Rey? Hmu

Lana is my absolute fave but I never have anyone to discuss her with, sad

Any fans here? :h:

What was the first song of hers that you heard?
Favourite album? Favourite song?
yesss i love her so much she's amazing
the first song i heard was off to the races - i actually hated it when i first heard it :s-smilie: but then i heard it again and i just loved it!
my favourite album is probably Born To Die and my favourite songs are either Without You, Lolita or Cola
what about you? :biggrin:
Same here, can't get enough of her. I listen to at least one of her albums per day (I have them all). the first song I heard of hers was Video Games and I realised I'd never love any artist as much as her.
My favourite album while I love them all would have to be Born to Die Paradise Edition.
My favourite official songs of hers are National Anthem, Bel Air, Ride, Cola, Freak, Salvatore, Swan Song, Florida Kilos, west Coast and Brooklyn Baby.

And my favourite unreleased songs are TV in black and white, Queen of the Gas Station, Is this happiness, Butterflies, Because of You, Break my Fall, Making Out, Riverside ft Barrie James, Serial Killer, Angels Forever and Summer Wine.

You?
Not really a fan but i do listen to some of her songs once in a while. My favourites include her cover of once upon a dream, god knows i tried, art deco, freak, salvatore, religion, shades of cool, west coast, ride, national anthem, blue jeans, video games, dark paradise and lolita. I don't really like any album in particular.
without u is her best song!
Reply 5
Original post by electrahearts
yesss i love her so much she's amazingthe first song i heard was off to the races - i actually hated it when i first heard it :s-smilie: but then i heard it again and i just loved it!my favourite album is probably Born To Die and my favourite songs are either Without You, Lolita or Colawhat about you? :biggrin:

Sorry didn't realise I had any replies until now! Love off to the races :biggrin:
My friend introduced me to Video Games back when it was released and that's the first I heard of her. Then later when Born To Die was all over the radio, the lyrics were so relatable at the time and I fell in love w her!

I'd say Ultraviolence is my favourite album because I listen to each song equally and often, whereas with BTD I'm more selective and don't really listen to Lolita, lucky ones and diet mountain dew. I've listened to Honeymoon album the most, though.

I find Carmen the most captivating song in the world and so that's my fave :tongue:

Original post by carrot top geek
Same here, can't get enough of her. I listen to at least one of her albums per day (I have them all). the first song I heard of hers was Video Games and I realised I'd never love any artist as much as her.
My favourite album while I love them all would have to be Born to Die Paradise Edition.
My favourite official songs of hers are National Anthem, Bel Air, Ride, Cola, Freak, Salvatore, Swan Song, Florida Kilos, west Coast and Brooklyn Baby.

And my favourite unreleased songs are TV in black and white, Queen of the Gas Station, Is this happiness, Butterflies, Because of You, Break my Fall, Making Out, Riverside ft Barrie James, Serial Killer, Angels Forever and Summer Wine.

You?

Me too! She's the only singer I can listen to all day long on repeat and never get tired of.

Sounds good! :biggrin: Ultraviolence is my favourite album, mentioned above ^^
These are my favourites from each album bc too many lol:

BTD - Carmen, BTD, Million dollar man and Off to the races. Her live performances of Carmen, Video Games and Radio are especially beautiful

Paradise - Ride, Yayo, Gods & Monsters. All of her songs have lyrics that are special to me, like.."didn't anyone ever tell you it's okay to shine?" from Bel Air

Ultraviolence - Sad Girl, Shades of Cool, Money Power Glory, ****ed My Way Up To The Top, Brooklyn Baby, Florida Kilos, Flipside

Honeymoon - The Blackest Day, Art Deco, MTWBT, Swan Song, God knows I tried.

Her unreleased songs are so easy to get lost in! There are always more in the related section that I haven't heard hahah. I love Angels Forever, Wolf, She's not me and I don't wanna go, Serial Killer :smile:
I think Born to Die was the first song I heard from her and I just loved how dark the song was.

My favourite album is Born to Die and my favourite songs are Radio and Million Dollar Man :h:

I would love to see her live!
Reply 7
the first song I heard was born to die i saw the music video on tv i was shook for weeks!
my fave album is born to die the paradise edition
put me in a movie, yayo (paradise edition) and video games will always be special 2 me
Reply 8
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I think Born to Die was the first song I heard from her and I just loved how dark the song was.

My favourite album is Born to Die and my favourite songs are Radio and Million Dollar Man :h:

I would love to see her live!

I'm listening to BTD and it always makes me feel some type of way idek how to describe it, but it's a positive feeling :colonhash:
So many people moan that her songs are "too sad" and "depressing" but they just make me feel so alive

Her live performances of Radio and MDM are amazing! :biggrin:

Ugh yeah can she come to England pls, seeing her live with the friend who introduced me to her is the dream :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by motelbaby
the first song I heard was born to die i saw the music video on tv i was shook for weeks!
my fave album is born to die the paradise edition
put me in a movie, yayo (paradise edition) and video games will always be special 2 me

Hahahaha I love that

Ooh I'll search put me in a movie as I haven't heard it, thanks :h:!
Now I'll probably get lost in the depths of all her unreleased songs :tongue:
Oh yeh huge fan here, I listen to her every day. Wasn't that into her at first but the first song I ever listened to by her was Young and Beautiful I believe. Her voice in the song so hauntingly beautiful and became one of my favourites. I turned into a fan after listening to all of Born to Die. *

Born To Die is her most cohesive albums where every track is at least 9 out of 10 except maybe Lolita. Ultraviolence contains some of her best songs like Shades of Cool, West Coast, Pretty When You Cry etc but also contains some of her lower quality songs like The Other Woman and Guns and Roses. The same can be said to Honeymoon but even more extreme. Don't really use her unreleased stuff so can't really comment on them.
She’s my all time favourite! I love a lot of songs by her but mostly Old money, Cola, Lucky ones, Without and Doin time (it’s new)
Me but I love her older stuff
Original post by sh9
Lana is my absolute fave but I never have anyone to discuss her with, sad

Any fans here? :h:

She’s my favourite artist. My fave Lana song always changes, but at the moment I’d say ‘shades of cool’ and my fave album has always been Born to Die.
Original post by badwolf29
She’s my favourite artist. My fave Lana song always changes, but at the moment I’d say ‘shades of cool’ and my fave album has always been Born to Die.

Hiya, this post is a few years old, but I agree, Doin' Time and Ultraviolence are my personal favourites :smile:
I love summertime sadness.
Dont really know any of her other songs though.
Who isn't?
Reply 17
Original post by sh9

Video Games was the first song, it was the Howl remix on Trap Nation. Afterwards I just really liked her music
Also G-Eazy sucks lmao
she's literally my favourite artist lol and I like EVERY genre. In my opinion, Ultraviolence is her best album, so well-produced, dreamy lyrics and that cult-like, slow rock ugh *_*. The first song I heard was BTD back in 2012 and I fell in looooove, so naturally the first album I liked was BTD.

Ranked albums & EPs: Ultraviolence, BTD, Paradise, Kill Kill, Lana Del Ray, Tropico, Honeymoon, NFR, LFL, COTCC, Blue Banisters.

i wish i saw her when she was still touring :frown:, but she didn't really do that many UK tours anyway

Quick Reply

Latest