The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi
How come u were predicted low and you got extremely high grades?
Even if am predicted to get c's and b's in school but I really want to get a*'s? It puts me down a lot of the time. 😣
Any revision tips or flashcards that you made whig u can post online?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do Aqa Religious Studies A options 2 and 7. I got 85/100 and 86/100. When j check the grade boundaries they are only out of 76. I know that my result is UMS but I don't understand that so please could someone tell me what I would've needed for An A*
English Language: A / Achieved A*
English Literature: A / Achieved A*
French: A / Achieved B (gutted as coursework was marked down)
History: A* / Achieved A* (absolutely over the moon, am so so so so happy!!!!)
Maths: C / Achieved B
Music: A* / Achieved A*
Drama: A / Achieved A
Science - Core: C / Achieved C
Science - Additional: D / Achieved B (don't know how this happened. Such a shock but I'm buzzing!!)

4A*s, 1A, 3Bs and a C. I'm so, so pleased & relieved that the wait is over. Bit gutted about French as I got full UMS in Unit 2, and both courseworks were marked down. However, my A* in history is all I wanted so I'm beyond ecstatic!!
Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A
English Language : Predicted A / Achieved A
Biology: Predicted B / Achieved B
Chemistry: Predicted B / Achieved C
Physics: Predicted B / Achieved B
Psychology Predicted A / Achieved B ( I think I should go for a remark because I was 3 marks off)
English Literature: Predicted A / Achieved B
Computing: Predicted B/ Achieved A
Religious studies: Predicted A / Achieved A
History: Predicted A / Achieved A
So AAAAABBBBC total. I really want to remark psychology because I was 3 marks off an A, does anyone think I would have a good chance of my grade moving up if I did this? Disappointed in my Chemistry grade because I thought I would be better at Chemistry than physics, but my C3 mark put my grade down bad.
ResultsMaths: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Biology: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Chemistry: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Physics: Predicted A*/ Achieved A*
English Language: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
English literature: Predicted A* / Achieved A
Spanish: Predicted A* achieved A*
Re: Predicted A*/ Achieved A*
History: Predicted A / Achieved A*
Geography: predicted A*/ achieved A* Comments and reactions
Those were my teachers predictions just to say!! I was completely overwhelmed and still am! Worked so hard for these results and I got what I've wanted for the last year. 9a* and 1a- so shocked!!!

Future ambitions: not sure- chemical engineer or bio analyst? Maybe vet or gp? Literally clueless
Original post by Raji2001
Hi
Even if am predicted to get c's and b's in school but I really want to get a*'s? It puts me down a lot of the time. 😣

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your predicted grades are only a guideline as to what your teachers think you can achieve. They are often based on your Year 6 SAT results, and sometimes how you perform in class. Only you truly know how well you can do and how much effort you are prepared to put in to get your final grades. So I would say forget about the target grades and do what you think you can manage - push yourself, but not so much that it causes stress and disappointment. If you aim above your target grades and exceed them - great. If not - at least you will have a 'safety net' to fall back on as you should get what you were originally predicted, so no-one will criticise you.

Hope this helps :smile:
English lit - A*
English lang - A
Geography - A
Biology- A
Food Technology- A
Religious Studies - A
Health and social care - distinction (A)
Chemistry - B
ICT- B
Maths - C :frown:
Physics - C
Original post by Raji2001
Hi

Posted from TSR Mobile

Towards the start and end of year 9 I was predicted all Bs and a few As and like one C, however they were based of SATs grades. If you work really hard from offset, have a good exam technique and know past papers and content inside out there's no reason you can't get an A or A*
Maths: A*
Computing: A*
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*
Business Studies: A
Philosophy and Ethics: A
English Language: A
Geography: A
Biology: A
French: B
English Literature: B
Graphics: C
Wow amazing grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eng Lang - A*
Eng Lit - A*
Bio - A*
Chem - A*
Phy - A*
French - A*
History - A
Music - A
RS - A
Maths - A

I'm doing Music, Economics, Politics and Eng Lit at A Level, not obvious choices based on my results, but definitely the ones I will enjoy most, even though I got A* all three sciences it's only because I revised loads, I hate the subjects and would not be able to cope at A Level.
Results
Geography: Predicted B / Achieved B
Drama: Predicted B / Achieved B
Core Science: Predicted C / Achieved C
Additional Science: Predicted C / Achieved C
Religious Studies: Predicted A* / Achieved A
Maths: Predicted C / Achieved C
Media Studies: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
English Language: Predicted B / Achieved B
English Literature: Predicted B / Achieved A

Comments and reactions
So overall i did pretty good: 1 A*, 2 A's, 3 B's and 3 C's :smile:
Bit annoyed with R.E as it was only a couple of marks off the next boundary.
But I'm into sixth form :h:

Future ambitions
Study Theatre Studies, Media Studies and English Literature at A- level at sixth form.
Well done everyone :biggrin:
Original post by Stealthesky
Results
English Language: Predicted B/ Achieved A*
English Literature: Predicted B / Achieved A*
Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A*
French: Predicted C / Achieved A*
Spanish: Predicted C / Achieved A*
History: Predicted A / Achieved A*
Science: Predicted A / Achieved A*
Fine art: Predicted B / Achieved A*

Comments and reactions
I am over the moon with my results!! I´m so glad the hard work paid off :smile: I hope everyone else is happy with their results :wink:
Future ambitions
I would like to go to the sixth form, and study English Literature, History, Fine art, and either Spanish or French :colondollar:

THESE ARE AMAZING!!!! Can i ask what you want to do as a possible career/university degree? :smile:
Maths A*
Music A*
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
RS A*
Spanish A
English Lit A
English Lang A
History A
Psychology A
Latin A
Mandarin B

Super happy with my A* and got full marks in Music
I'm doing Biology, Maths and physics at Alevel but i'm unsure about my fourth subject- someone help? i really don't want to do music, chemistry or a humanities.
(edited 7 years ago)
My Results

English Lit - A
English Lang - A
Maths - A*
Biology - A
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A
Geography - A*
Spanish - A*
RS - A*
Sociology - B

Comments
I am so happy with my results! All my hard work paid off. However, I was really nervous before opening the envelope. I didn't think that I would have gotten an A* in maths because the grade boundaries were so high or A's in English so I'm very chuffed :h:

Next Steps
I am going to study biology, chemistry, maths and geography at AS level. I'm excited to start back in September!
Spanish: predicted A*, achieved A*
Geography: predicted A*, achieved A*
Chemistry: predicted A, achieved A*
Biology: predicted A, achieved A*
History: predicted B, achieved A
English lang: predicted A, achieved A
Physics: predicted B, achieved A
Citizenship: predicted A, achieved A
Maths: predicted B, achieved B
English lit: predicted A*, achieved B
Drama: predicted B, achieved B
TOTAL: 4A*s, 4As, 3Bs

Comments and reactions: Happy with most but very disappointed with others, especially English lit... Thinking of getting a re-mark as I was only 3 marks off an A. I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me if it's worth it / likely that it would change my grade?

Future ambitions:
I'm studying History, Geography and Spanish for A-Level and then hopefully History at Uni. After my mediocre results I was wondering if I still have a chance at getting into Cambridge or another top Russell Group?
A-levels matter more, cambridge/oxford need at least C's at GCSE. Just focus more on your A-levels.
Original post by Lilyhardcastle
Spanish: predicted A*, achieved A*
Geography: predicted A*, achieved A*
Chemistry: predicted A, achieved A*
Biology: predicted A, achieved A*
History: predicted B, achieved A
English lang: predicted A, achieved A
Physics: predicted B, achieved A
Citizenship: predicted A, achieved A
Maths: predicted B, achieved B
English lit: predicted A*, achieved B
Drama: predicted B, achieved B
TOTAL: 4A*s, 4As, 3Bs

Comments and reactions: Happy with most but very disappointed with others, especially English lit... Thinking of getting a re-mark as I was only 3 marks off an A. I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me if it's worth it / likely that it would change my grade?

Future ambitions:
I'm studying History, Geography and Spanish for A-Level and then hopefully History at Uni. After my mediocre results I was wondering if I still have a chance at getting into Cambridge or another top Russell Group?

Those are amazing results! From what I've heard, Cambridge care more about AS results and A2 predictions than GCSEs but they will look back at them. As long as your personal statement, interview and aptitude test performances are strong then your grades won't stop you from getting in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ResultsBiology: Predicted A* / Achieved A
Chemistry: Predicted A* / Achieved A
Physics: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Methods in Maths: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Applications in Maths: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Geography: Predicted A/A* / Achieved A
Business: Predicted A/A* / Achieved A
Food Tech: Predicted B/A / Achieved A*
French: Predicted A/A* / Achieved A*
English Language: Predicted A/B / Achieved A
English Literature: Predicted A/B / Achieved A
French: Predicted A/A* / Achieved A*

Comments and reactions
I can't even believe it! I didn't think i would get these results, especially the A* in French. In my maths overall I got 97% and in one paper, i got 100%! I still can't believe any of it.

Future ambitionsTo study English Literature, Geography, Maths at A level and a business AS level
Wow
Amazing grades
Any revision tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest