The Student Room Group

D in English Language but a B in English Literature

So for my GCSEs i got a D in English language and a B in English Literature. I was wondering how this will affect me in the future with stuff like uni. I read somewhere that some unis take either lit or lang as ling as you have a C or higher but ive also heard that lots of unis will reject you for having a D in English Language. Could someine help me out and tell me whether i should retake english language or not and how itll affect me in the future with a D in English language
Original post by DinEnglishLang
So for my GCSEs i got a D in English language and a B in English Literature. I was wondering how this will affect me in the future with stuff like uni. I read somewhere that some unis take either lit or lang as ling as you have a C or higher but ive also heard that lots of unis will reject you for having a D in English Language. Could someine help me out and tell me whether i should retake english language or not and how itll affect me in the future with a D in English language

Have you considered asking for a remark on your Language paper(s)?

It's a legal requirement for schools and sixth form colleges to let students who haven't achieved a grade C or higher in either English and/more Maths to continue studying it until they are of the age of 18.

So it's not the end of the world right now. Try and resit the Language GCSE and even if you keep retaking it but not end up getting a C, your teachers will most surely write this as part of their referee for your uni application anyway. But be sure to ask them anyway (find out who'll write your referee).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending