The Student Room Group

Could i get into a russel group uni ?

Hi there i have just got my gcse results and although disappointed I'm hoping to achieve even better in my a-levels.
GCSE's:
Maths - B
English Literature - B
English Language - B
Biology - C
Chemistry
Physics - C
IT - C
Geography - B
History - B
Business Studies- B

I am hoping to achieve atleast AAA in my a-levels studying History, Geography and English literature, with hard work and tutors for each alevel.Hoping to study Law btw.
Many Thanks In advance for responses.
To be honest, it would be quite difficult with those grades. However if you really worked hard at a level and got your AAA then you could get into a Russel group. But you need to ask yourself: is is realistic that I will get an A in a subject at a level, when I can't get an A in it at GCSE? Sorry about that, but good luck.
Yup, as long as you achieve that in your A levels, you'll get in.
Reply 3
Original post by Chronokeeper
Yup, as long as you achieve that in your A levels, you'll get in.

Some RG unis place a fair amount of having strong GCSE's alongside your AS/A levels for LLB courses. I'll be doing Law at the University of Manchester in September and you needed a strong overall GCSE profile with minimum grade A in Eng Language and B in Maths. I have 1 A* 3A's and 5B's at GCSE which is pretty average/okish for a Russell Group uni law student, definitely nothing special. London unis like UCL/KCL/LSE place a fair emphasis on GCSE's especially LSE where you need a lot of A's and A*s to have a chance. Bristol are supposedly fussy, cant talk to much about it apart from my own uni.
You'll be absolutely fine, there's honestly no need to worry.
Original post by School00000
Hi there i have just got my gcse results and although disappointed I'm hoping to achieve even better in my a-levels.
GCSE's:
Maths - B
English Literature - B
English Language - B
Biology - C
Chemistry
Physics - C
IT - C
Geography - B
History - B
Business Studies- B

I am hoping to achieve atleast AAA in my a-levels studying History, Geography and English literature, with hard work and tutors for each alevel.Hoping to study Law btw.
Many Thanks In advance for responses.

You can get into a Russell Group uni with those GCSEs if you do very well at A-levels, but you probably won't be able to go to Oxford or LSE
Original post by humzaakram1
You'll be absolutely fine, there's honestly no need to worry.

Thank you aha I just keep worrying about it
Original post by Kieranisda1
You can get into a Russell Group uni with those GCSEs if you do very well at A-levels, but you probably won't be able to go to Oxford or LSE

Yeh I understand that I'm hoping for something like Warwick or Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending