The Student Room Group

Would i be able to get into a Russel Group university ?

Hi there i have just got my gcse results and although disappointed I'm hoping to achieve even better in my a-levels.
GCSE's:
Maths - B
English Literature - B
English Language - B
Biology - C
Chemistry - C
Physics - C
IT - C
Geography - B
History - B
Business Studies- B

I am hoping to achieve atleast AAA in my a-levels studying History, Geography and English literature, with hard work and tutors for each alevel.Hoping to study Law btw.
Many Thanks In advance for responses.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Not sure how it works for top law courses, but I got all Bs and Cs for GCSE and am at a "top" RG uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pulse.
Not sure how it works for top law courses, but I got all Bs and Cs for GCSE and am at a "top" RG uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh Cool which russel group uni is that if you don't mind me asking ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
If you nail your A levels you'll be fine for most. My GCSEs were similar and I went to Manchester.
Original post by PaulACP
If you nail your A levels you'll be fine for most. My GCSEs were similar and I went to Manchester.

Wow thats really good what course did you study and what did you achieve also do you have any advise ?
Reply 5
BSc Geography. Achieved a high 2.1.

If you do well in your A levels you'd likely be able to handle a degree fine. It's just important to make sure you keep on top of the work. Starting assignments early helps, and don't be afraid to email lecturers an request one to one meetings if you need them.
Original post by PaulACP
BSc Geography. Achieved a high 2.1.

If you do well in your A levels you'd likely be able to handle a degree fine. It's just important to make sure you keep on top of the work. Starting assignments early helps, and don't be afraid to email lecturers an request one to one meetings if you need them.

Okay i will do, thank you so much for your advise :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by School00000
Oh Cool which russel group uni is that if you don't mind me asking ?

PM'ed you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest