The Student Room Group

So scared and confused. Please help!

I am so nervous for starting sixth form, I got accepted into a grammar school. However, I am not sure if i want to go because i can only choose three subjects there, also their exam boards are very hard all are OCR. I don't know what to do. Please help!!!
Original post by linda171
I am so nervous for starting sixth form, I got accepted into a grammar school. However, I am not sure if i want to go because i can only choose three subjects there, also their exam boards are very hard all are OCR. I don't know what to do. Please help!!!

would you be able to change your school??
having 3 subjects isn't bad but if you want to pick another one then i'll suggest you talk to your school and see if they can make it?
also A levels are hard in general so i would suggest you revise thoroughly and don't waste your time at all, by doing this you are more likely to pass even OCR exams :h:
you'll be fine, 3 a levels is generally better in my opinion, especially if you now what you want to do at uni. OCR isn't as scary as it's made out to be as well. If you're really nervous about your a level options, I'd recommend looking at some uni courses that you MIGHT be interested in (if you haven't thought that far ahead, think about something you might like to do or find interesting) and see what a levels they prefer, so you can try and cater to those courses. Once you've chosen your a-levels,I'd recommend some gentle reading around the subject courses to give yourself a head start

Quick Reply

Latest