The Student Room Group

ACCESS course

Hello I need help from anyone who has studied an Access course before. I am a student from EU and would like to attend an Access to HE Science course in London. I've already applied to some of the colleges but reading their reviews online is making me worry. I thought City of Westminster was one of the best but I've read some people said it's "a disgrace to British education", that tutors are incompetent, "terrified of local youths gangs", they suggest to avoid it at any cost etc etc. I would like to have more opinions about this college or any other that does Access courses in London, thank you! Also, from anyone who studied Access to HE, is it really hard? My understanding of English is not the best because I only moved here few months ago so I would like a sincere opinion on how you think I would suit in a similar course. Thank you very much to everyone!
Reply 1
I wouldn't be able to help with your first question, however, I can with the second one. The Access course is designed as a foundation year of uni. It requires determination, I mean a lot of it. You literally have to put 150 percent effort. Is not hard if you study properly, its just just there's a lot of stuff going on at the same time, and you have to be on top of it at all times. Commitment is the key; so from my own experience, i would say if you're committed to it then you be fine with it. Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by raykarim
I wouldn't be able to help with your first question, however, I can with the second one. The Access course is designed as a foundation year of uni. It requires determination, I mean a lot of it. You literally have to put 150 percent effort. Is not hard if you study properly, its just just there's a lot of stuff going on at the same time, and you have to be on top of it at all times. Commitment is the key; so from my own experience, i would say if you're committed to it then you be fine with it. Good luck

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 3
Hi annac7,

I've applied for the Access to HE: Science course at City of Westminster too, and was wondering where you found this information about CWC? The college is considered the best college in London for FE courses so I'm really hoping it's not true :frown: I haven't visited the campus as of yet (I have enrolment on Tuesday) however from what I've seen on their website the campus is exceptional with great resources!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending