The Student Room Group

Sleeping with someones girlfriend.

Scroll to see replies

You and her both need to grow some self respect.
Reply 21
F*#&k her right in the p#$s¥
Definitely not something I would do as I have been in the position you have just placed your 'mate' in. So I know it feels pretty *****y to have a so called mate do that. My take on it was this, I was glad that the girl I was seeing did that, because it showed me she wasn't worth my trust, my time, and moving on was so easy after realising she was so immoral as to cheat.

Ask yourself this, if you get with her and lose a mate in the process, what is to stop her cheating on you with another lad in the future while also being in a relationship with you? I could personally never trust a girl who got with me via cheating on someone else. Never.

There are plenty of single girls out there, I can't see why you'd want this, if it's just the benefits you're after. Casual sex with single people is surely less hassle than casual sex with a mates girl?

Anyway let us know how the story turns out please? Or we'll see you first on Jeremy Kyle for those all important lie detector results :smile:

#sexualcontact
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Spidersmudge
Definitely not something I would do as I have been in the position you have just placed your 'mate' in. So I know it feels pretty *****y to have a so called mate do that. My take on it was this, I was glad that the girl I was seeing did that, because it showed me she wasn't worth my trust, my time, and moving on was so easy after realising she was so immoral as to cheat.

Ask yourself this, if you get with her and lose a mate in the process, what is to stop her cheating on you with another lad in the future while also being in a relationship with you? I could personally never trust a girl who got with me via cheating on someone else. Never.

There are plenty of single girls out there, I can't see why you'd want this, if it's just the benefits you're after. Casual sex with single people is surely less hassle than casual sex with a mates girl?

Anyway let us know how the story turns out please? Or we'll see you first on Jeremy Kyle for those all important lie detector results :smile:

#sexualcontact

I won't get with her it was just the casual sex that happened.
My 'mate' isn't really in a 'position' either because, well, ignorance is bliss.

I will try and remember to come back to this post and keep you updated.

Also, just to wake some sweet, inexperienced, innocent people up in this thread: people cheat everyday, some of those, if not most are never told about and no one
ever finds out. I know older people (in their 40s + who have cheated on their wives etc and even husbands and then it's forgotten about. ) well respected surgeons, dentists etc. so not old bob down the pub.

So let's leave moral high grounds out of this, because I think that's a pretty weak position to come from. Cheating isn't some extraordinary, out-of-this-world thing.

Some of you are probably teens or just haven't seen/ done much to have a level of mental/ emotional intelligence and have a butterfly-and-fairies attitude to the world probably so it's understandable.

Anyway, was just asking thoughts.
Original post by WhisperingTide

Also, just to wake some sweet, inexperienced, innocent people up in this thread: people cheat everyday, some of those, if not most are never told about and no one ever finds out. I know older people (in their 40s + who have cheated on their wives etc and even husbands and then it's forgotten about. ) well respected surgeons, dentists etc. so not old bob down the pub. So let's leave moral high grounds out of this, because I think that's a pretty weak position to come from. Cheating isn't some extraordinary, out-of-this-world thing. Some of you are probably teens or just haven't seen/ done much to have a level of mental/ emotional intelligence and have a butterfly-and-fairies attitude to the world probably so it's understandable. Anyway, was just asking thoughts.
Probably did her boyfriend a favour by letting him know his girl's a thot. Shouldn't feel too guilty mate, her fault.
Reply 26
it's her who's cheating so fill your boots if that's what you want; just don't expect to stay mates with the guy
Original post by bassbabe
Looks like you'll have to do a bit of ghostin from now on

Original post by WhisperingTide

But the pu&$y too good doe :frown:
Reply 28
It doesn't matter if cheating is common nowadays, it's still not the right thing to do. OP, you need to cut contact with her before you and her get into a bigger mess.
Original post by Anonymous
I've known this girl for 1.5 years who has been in her relationship for 9 years now.
(I'm early 20s she's late 20s)
I also know her boyfriend and he's a nice guy we've shared beers and he has bought me food before and vice versa.
SIMPLY PUT: three of us + other people went out one night and after he left and after a girl i met that night left etc it got to a point where it was only her and i and she kissed me.
we kissed, snogged whatever.

went home separate ways. The next night she and i met and we finished our business and slept together.

my position:
Im a bloke who sees an attractive girl and its hard to say no but have bit of guilt because i know the boyfriend.
but, she seems to always be texting me now, more so than all the time weve been friends.
feel like she's being more savage than i am and I'm not even the one in relationship, I'm single she in her relationship so has more responsibility.

as i mentioned the only hard thing for me is knowing the boyfriend thats it any other situation where don't know the bf and she wants to do and i do then its all cool with me but this situation bit different.

sorry for rubbish grammar, I'm very articulate but can't be bothered to type because I'm typing this half heartedly and still don't know whether i should ask this on here or not, o well, here goes. lol

thoughts?

not see her again and just block and delete
see her as normal friend (with benefits or no benefits)
but if the bf ever finds out then it becomes crazy situation

damn daniel

thoughts?

If she's up for it and you want to keep having sex together then thats your decision mate, but I would advise you to think of your friend's feelings and the shitstorm that could occur should he find out what happened/is happening.
What I certainly wouldn't do is get into a relationship with this girl. If she cheated on her boyfriend of 9 years, you'd never be able to know with whom, where and when she might slut it up again.
Thanks for all the replies and advice.

I'm mixing bit of humour with this for myself t not get to downered about it.
But genuinely needed some random peoples thoughts, which i think has helped.
Reply 31
I think the main responsibility and ethical issue lies with the person in the relationship.
As someone who literally just had this happen to me a month ago. I think you are a dickhead.

Original post by Zarek
I think the main responsibility and ethical issue lies with the person in the relationship.
Nah. Why would you shag your mate's girlfriend? That makes you a backstabber and not to be trusted.
(edited 7 years ago)
I've known this girl for 1.5 years who has been in her relationship for 9 years now.
(I'm early 20s she's late 20s)
I also know her boyfriend and he's a nice guy we've shared beers and he has bought me food before and vice versa.
SIMPLY PUT: three of us + other people went out one night and after he left and after a girl i met that night left etc it got to a point where it was only her and i and she kissed me.
we kissed, snogged whatever.

went home separate ways. The next night she and i met and we finished our business and slept together.

my position:
Im a bloke who sees an attractive girl and its hard to say no but have bit of guilt because i know the boyfriend.
but, she seems to always be texting me now, more so than all the time weve been friends.
feel like she's being more savage than i am and I'm not even the one in relationship, I'm single she in her relationship so has more responsibility.

as i mentioned the only hard thing for me is knowing the boyfriend thats it any other situation where don't know the bf and she wants to do and i do then its all cool with me but this situation bit different.

sorry for rubbish grammar, I'm very articulate but can't be bothered to type because I'm typing this half heartedly and still don't know whether i should ask this on here or not, o well, here goes. lol

thoughts?

not see her again and just block and delete
see her as normal friend (with benefits or no benefits)
but if the bf ever finds out then it becomes crazy situation

damn daniel

thoughts?

From what I got from your text, she still has her boyfriend yes?
Then you outright tell her no. You will not sleep with her anymore because she has a boyfriend and she should perhaps reflect a bit on her loyalty and moralness. Tbh I wouldn't trust this girl she'd probably cheat on you as well if you were dating her
Hope he finds out and sees both of you for what you are.
Bit pointless giving you any advice as you have taken all the steps yourself, carry on dont carry on makes little difference, although I like how you were shifting more blame onto her.

Live by the sword etc.
Jesus... it's like talking to kids,

Original post by Pinkberry_y
From what I got from your text, she still has her boyfriend yes?
Then you outright tell her no. You will not sleep with her anymore because she has a boyfriend and she should perhaps reflect a bit on her loyalty and moralness. Tbh I wouldn't trust this girl she'd probably cheat on you as well if you were dating her

There is no intention on dating her obviously, this one incident happened.

Original post by 999tigger
Hope he finds out and sees both of you for what you are.
Bit pointless giving you any advice as you have taken all the steps yourself, carry on dont carry on makes little difference, although I like how you were shifting more blame onto her.

Live by the sword etc.

Okay, thanks for your hopes.
It not pointless giving me any advice because things could easily get much worse than that.
Carry on, don't carry on makes a BIG difference. I'm not shifting more blame onto her, I'm explaining that in general I think that the person in a relationship has more responsibility than the single person because... well they are single.

If you met taken girl in a club tonight for example, like many people will be doing this weekend, would you care if she had a boyfriend when she tells you she was to sleep with you?

Like I said the principle is that i know her boyfriend although we're not 'mates' we've spent some time together, the 3 of us + others.

Original post by ChickenMadness
As someone who literally just had this happen to me a month ago. I think you are a dickhead.

Nah. Why would you shag your mate's girlfriend? That makes you a backstabber and not to be trusted.

Thanks for being constructive. It was my fault that incident happened to you a month ago...

He's not mate like that... although that's not the point, whatever you think it may make me, what more does it make the girl?
Reply 36
You're a bad, bad boy!
Jesus...

It not pointless giving me any advice because things could easily get much worse than that.
Carry on, don't carry on makes a BIG difference. I'm not shifting more blame onto her, I'm explaining that in general I think that the person in a relationship has more responsibility than the single person because... well they are single.

If you met taken girl in a club tonight for example, like many people will be doing this weekend, would you care if she had a boyfriend when she tells you she was to sleep with you?

Like I said the principle is that i know her boyfriend although we're not 'mates' we've spent some time together, the 3 of us + others.

I dont think it makes any difference because you have already made your choice and you dont really have any strong moral framework you feel like working with. It doesnt sound important to you, so its a bit pointless saying do it dont do it.

You crossed the line when you slept with someone elses gf. You dont have to shift or apportion blame to her, but consider your own part and whether you think theres anything wrong with your behaviour. Obviously you dont and have given yourself a free pass.

On your scenario if I met someone, then yes I would be interested whether they were in a relationship or not. If sleeping with them was on the cards, but I found out they were in a relationship I would 100% not gp through with it.

Why? Life too short for that rubbish, breaking other peopleand I prefer to treat others how id like to be treated. Arent there enough single girls for you to crack onto? He will almost certainly find out anyway and view you accordingly. Just becayse its on offer doesnt mean its always the best choice to take it.

If you want to carry it on, then dont get caught or tell her to finish with this other guy or ask for a threesome so its all out in the open.
Jesus... it's like talking to kids,

There is no intention on dating her obviously, this one incident happened.

Thanks for being constructive. It was my fault that incident happened to you a month ago...

He's not mate like that... although that's not the point, whatever you think it may make me, what more does it make the girl?

It makes both of you selfish and bad people. Her for cheating on her boyfriend and you for going behind your friend's back and shagging his girlfriend.There are two types of people in the world. Those that have consideration for others and try to be good people. And those who are selfish and do what ever makes them happy even at the expense of others. I try not to associate myself with the latter, when I find out someone is one of those people they go on my acquaintance list. And nah when a girl has a boyfriend I don't go there. Depending on the situation, if I like the guy I'd let them know about it, since I'd want to know if it were me.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest