The Student Room Group

Should I delete social media?

Scroll to see replies

Jfc you can still keep them, just don't go on it as much.
I deleted it for GCSEs and it really did help me focus on my work. Social Media is addictive you're better off deleting/changing passwords and giving them to your parents etc whatever works. Do it now, don't waiting for A levels. (I got all mine back for the summer though haha) besides its all very well SAYING you will delete them for A levels, but will you really?

Also my dad's a vet so I get completely put off being a vet haha good luck with it.
Hope this helps xx
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by stirra
Hi everyone,
New here. I was wondering if I should delete Instagram/snapchat so I can focus on my gcse more. They are quite distracting. I have big aims to be a vetenary surgeon. Any advice? Thanks
You don't need social media in life - it isn't necessary. You don't need a phone either - but that's a bit drastic.
Original post by shohaib712
Should I delete TSR account - I'm finding it distracting
Yes I hate you.

Spoiler

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
they really are though!They waste your time, they have nothing necessary in them, just get 1 like facebook but dont get the app on your phone. Therefore limiting the only use of it to your PC but tbh, cba with PC therefore you wont be tempted to procrastinate as much
Its TSR that is the issue with procrastination
Believe me - I know
I hear you sister!

Original post by Pinkberry_y
Yes. They add absolutely nothing to your life
I agree

Spoiler

Original post by stirra
Hi everyone,
New here. I was wondering if I should delete Instagram/snapchat so I can focus on my gcse more. They are quite distracting. I have big aims to be a vet ary surgeon. Any advice? Thanks

Yes definitely! Because a few hours on social media will definitely ruin your chances and because exams are only a few days away right!
Reply 24
Original post by D3LLI5
Work until 9 then do whatever the hell you want, time to relax is important so rather than removing your sources of relaxation just manage your time better so that you can work at a high intensity then relax properly.

Best advice yet :wink:
Reply 25
Original post by LiiHyde
I deleted it for GCSEs and it really did help me focus on my work. Social Media is addictive you're better off deleting/changing passwords and giving them to your parents etc whatever works. Do it now, don't waiting for A levels. (I got all mine back for the summer though haha) besides its all very well SAYING you will delete them for A levels, but will you really?

Also my dad's a vet so I get completely put off being a vet haha good luck with it.
Hope this helps xx

If it's gonna stop me from being a vet then I won't think twice about deleting it cos I REALLY want to become a vet.

On a side note, why are you put off, is being a vet not really as portrayed :biggrin::frown:
Reply 26
If I just check it once before I go bed I think that would be fine? Because it's not like I'm wasting study time cos I wouldn't be studying anyway?!
Reply 27
Has anyone failed GCSE's without using social media. I thought so, so don't delete it.

You need to spend some time with your friends, not revising every day is the tip.
Original post by stirra
Hi everyone,
New here. I was wondering if I should delete Instagram/snapchat so I can focus on my gcse more. They are quite distracting. I have big aims to be a vetinary surgeon. Any advice? Thanks

These people are so stupid.
Firstly, GCSEs mean literally nothing (No, i didnt fail mine. Did amazing actually). Secondly, its during A Level revision/exams periods that you shouldnt be using social media. In other words you're fine for the next 2 years, as long as you work hard.

If Instagram and Snapchat are genuinely somehow preventing you from working, then yes, you should.
Reply 29
Original post by BirdIsWord
These people are so stupid.
Firstly, GCSEs mean literally nothing (No, i didnt fail mine. Did amazing actually). Secondly, its during A Level revision/exams periods that you shouldnt be using social media. In other words you're fine for the next 2 years, as long as you work hard.

If Instagram and Snapchat are genuinely somehow preventing you from working, then yes, you should.

Tbh GCSE's seem to mean a lot cos my older sister did decent and now she's struggle to get into sixth form so for me it's gonna mean a lot :frown:

I agree but if you don't do well in GCSE's then you may not have a chance to do A-Levels. Whaat do you mean they're worthless :unsure:
Yes, you should if it distracts you.
If not there are apps like stayfocused, that limit the amount of time you can use an website,*
*https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stayfocusd/laankejkbhbdhmipfmgcngdelahlfoji?hl=en
Reply 31
Original post by samiz20891
Yes, you should if it distracts you.
If not there are apps like stayfocused, that limit the amount of time you can use an website,*
*https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stayfocusd/laankejkbhbdhmipfmgcngdelahlfoji?hl=en

Wow never heard of that, is it possible to usedp that on a tablet cos I skimmed the description and it say for your desktop?
Original post by stirra
Wow never heard of that, is it possible to usedp that on a tablet cos I skimmed the description and it say for your desktop?

I've had a quick look for one that you can use on a tablet. *
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.specialj.selfcontrol&hl=en_GB

Tbh, there are lots of them around, I think I remember one that lets you go and grew a forest. They are very similar so you can pick any really.*
Original post by stirra
Hi everyone,
New here. I was wondering if I should delete Instagram/snapchat so I can focus on my gcse more. They are quite distracting. I have big aims to be a vetinary surgeon. Any advice? Thanks

Yh disable them and see how you get on.

I deleted mine and it's so much much better.
xx
Reply 34
Original post by samiz20891
I've had a quick look for one that you can use on a tablet. *
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.specialj.selfcontrol&hl=en_GB

Tbh, there are lots of them around, I think I remember one that lets you go and grew a forest. They are very similar so you can pick any really.*

Will have a look at that :smile:

Original post by Mikaela!
Yh disable them and see how you get on.

I deleted mine and it's so much much better.
xx

Thanks xx
Won't matter because you can't delete TSR, the most distracting of all.
I wouldn't delete them, I used my social media during my revision and exams to ask for help from friends.
Original post by JourneyToSuccess
I've deleted all my social media (except Facebook but I only use that so my mum can message me to come down for dinner :giggle:), however, I got the TSR community, so it's fine. :h:

This was the saddest thing I've ever read.
You're still a person, if you delete any potential fun or relaxing activity, you'll burn out in days. Just use some self discipline and know when you need to stop and knuckle down :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest