The Student Room Group

Which is better?

Hi guys, I don't know whether i should go to College to do A-Levels or go to Sixth Form?

Which one is better? I thought college is for people that want to do apprenticeships and then get a job. But, I want to go to University to study Science.

So, what woudl be the best route for me.

Include a bit of information on how the two education providers are?

Thanks
Reply 1
Really depends.
How good is your school?
Original post by adam_4531
Hi guys, I don't know whether i should go to College to do A-Levels or go to Sixth Form?

Which one is better? I thought college is for people that want to do apprenticeships and then get a job. But, I want to go to University to study Science.

So, what woudl be the best route for me.

Include a bit of information on how the two education providers are?

Thanks

6th form is meant to provide you with more support while College is supposedly more independent.

I suggest 6th form
I suggest sixth form as the teachers tend to have your back and you gain a lot more support extra help and guidance (obvs depends on the school) on the other hand, colleges tend to give you more independence and freedom and i expect that they expect you to do a lot on your own. Some may regard this as an advantage and obviously you have to be the judge of whether you will stray away from your studies when granted that level of freedom. Really it all comes down to you. I prefer sixth form.
Original post by M14B
Really depends.
How good is your school?

It's a really good and supportive school. I know the teachers well.
Original post by adam_4531
It's a really good and supportive school. I know the teachers well.

Go to 6th form and do A-levels if you're a proper science head

Quick Reply

Latest