Art - C
Physics - C
Philosophy/Ethics - C
Computer Science - D
Geography - D
Biology - E
Chemistry - E
English Literature - E

A lot of the other kids got mostly A/B grades, which is why I'm worrying. Will I be able to get into university?
Original post by RJDG14
I got my grades the other day and am kinda concerned as to how well I did:

ICT (TLM) - A*
English Language iGCSE - C
Maths - C
Art - C
Physics - C
Philosophy/Ethics - C
Computer Science - D
Geography - D
Biology - E
Chemistry - E
English Literature - E

A lot of the other kids got mostly A/B grades, which is why I'm worrying. Will I be able to get into university?

You could've done better but if you perform well in your A-Levels then your uni wont care about GCSE's.
you have six gcses, that's one above the requirement. you'll be able to get into university. remember that a levels count more than gcses do, don't slack over the next 2 years and get the best results you can and you should be okay
Don't worry you did fine
Lots of my friends with 3 GCSEs got on to A levels so there chances of getting to university are just as good as mine( I got 4Bs and 7Cs) don't worry you passed maths and English !
Reply 4
From what I've seen, most colleges offer A Level programs which only ask for 5 GCSEs A*-C. You have 6, which is excellent! Your English, Maths and ICT are especially important, as they are subjects that a lot of people look for. You shouldn't have a problem getting into a good university, provided you work hard between now and then. GCSEs can be hard since you study so many subjects. Sometimes things get lost. Once you get past them though, it gets much easier. You begin to focus on the subjects that you're interested in. It's easier to learn 3-4 subjects rather than 10+. All you can say now is that you did your best and work with what you've got. Good luck with your future studies!
You can definitely still get into university, and good ones at that. You need to do well in your A-levels though.
As long as you do well at A-level, you'll be just fine with that.
Reply 7
Yeah, I probably could go to university still. Were these grades I got better or worse (or average) than the average student?

Quick Reply

Latest