The Student Room Group

A-level Maths resit advice??!

Hi,
I did A-level maths this year in one year, (I'm year 12 going into yr 13) taking C1, C2, C3, C4, S1 and M1.

My module results were:
C1: 88 (a)
C2: 93 (a)
C3: 90 (a*)
C4: 76 (b)
S1: 71 (b)
M1: 82 (a)

So overall, i have 500 UMS which means i have an A, however, only the AS has been cached in with M1.
Obviously I would like an A* + I am going to apply to Oxford and other RG universities which will make offers which include A*.

My question is, should i retake C3 and C4, or just C4 for 90+ UMS.
Baring in mind I have 7 other maths exams next year for further maths, as well as 6 exams for the new linear A-levels in Chemistry and Physics - so my workload will be high.
I was just wondering whether i should bother retaking C3 for more of a buffer in C4 which I defo need to retake. I think that if I put the practice in I can get 90 on C4. In doing FP1, FP2 and FP3 as well next year I think by the time I resit C4 I'll be much better.

Thank you for your advice
Can someone move this into the maths forum? :smile:
Original post by Turtlebunny
x

your C3 mark is decent in terms of going for the A* but you could improve it, C4 of course needs to be resat though

My advice would be to resit both papers, if you're doing further maths and definitely resitting C4 i think you should find C3 easy enough, even if you only pull your C3 mark up to 95UMS, that'll still help out a lot as youll be able to get as low as 85UMS in C4 and still get A*.

Quick Reply

Latest