I studied at City University London - AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by shazy2014
Thanks
I've had a look but it's very confusing as my timetable overlaps
For example, at 10:00 I have three possible things I could attend
Then at 12:00 I have a choice of four things
How am I meant to know which one to go to, because this keeps happening throughout the weeks timetabled?
Because I don't know my modules yet, will they get given to me?

It is possible that you have selected a course that is shared by other people on a similar course. Some of the modules listed may not apply to you.

You will find out your modules on Moodle. I assume you are a first year student? They will tell you in the next 2 weeks. Keep checking Moodle and your City email for more information.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Original post by UWS
It is possible that you have selected a course that is shared by other people on a similar course. Some of the modules listed may not apply to you.

You will find out your modules on Moodle. I assume you are a first year student? They will tell you in the next 2 weeks. Keep checking Moodle and your City email for more information.

Yeah I'm a first year student going to study sociology :smile:
Oh okay. So is every single module going to be on Moodle?
And then from there I just go to the ones I see on the timetable and they won't clash?
Original post by UWS

Oh I forgot, also wanted to ask, is there a different timetable on the online timetablimg system for every week? The week commencing box has from one date to a later date then another date to a later one
Reply 23
Yeah I'm a first year student going to study sociology :smile:
Oh okay. So is every single module going to be on Moodle?
And then from there I just go to the ones I see on the timetable and they won't clash?

The modules that you're enrolled for will not clash unless you picked them, which is unlikely in first year. All of your modules will appear on Moodle, but it depends on the lecturer for when they will be made available for you to look at. A lot of the time, the dates and times will be provided by your lecturer but if not then check the ones listed in Moodle and then match it on the timetable to find out what time your lectures/classes are.

Ooh Sociology, so you're based in Social Sciences building, it's really nice!
Reply 24
Oh I forgot, also wanted to ask, is there a different timetable on the online timetablimg system for every week? The week commencing box has from one date to a later date then another date to a later one

Nope unless specified, you'll have the same timetable for the semester, until end of January when you'll have a new timetable.
Original post by UWS
The modules that you're enrolled for will not clash unless you picked them, which is unlikely in first year. All of your modules will appear on Moodle, but it depends on the lecturer for when they will be made available for you to look at. A lot of the time, the dates and times will be provided by your lecturer but if not then check the ones listed in Moodle and then match it on the timetable to find out what time your lectures/classes are.

Ooh Sociology, so you're based in Social Sciences building, it's really nice!

Oh okay that's good to hear, it takes away a lot of the hassle then :smile:
Yes I know I've seen it once before from the ground floor never been upstairs. So is all my stuff in there? As in is that the only building other then the library that I'll study in?
Reply 26
Oh okay that's good to hear, it takes away a lot of the hassle then :smile:
Yes I know I've seen it once before from the ground floor never been upstairs. So is all my stuff in there? As in is that the only building other then the library that I'll study in?

Well I can't give you a correct answer as that depends on your timetable :smile:

I would imagine the majority of your classes will be in there, though your lectures will more likely be in popular places like Geary, Birley or Oakden theaters inside the Centenary building. They could also be in The Oliver Thompson Lecture Theater, but again, please refer to your timetable for the rooms
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi is the area surrounding the uni nice
I'm commuting

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm commuting so I'll have to walk from the station Angel
Just wanted to know if the area is good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by bioloves

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there,

You have St John's Road (left) and Goswell Road (right). Both are good for shops and places to eat but there are better options in Angel. The road leading up to Goswell Road is okay, there's a few cafes and a sixth form college but the area is quiet around the uni, there's a small park near the uni but no one really goes there apart from a few weed smokers at night lol. You also have a Sainsbury's behind the uni so good to pick up snacks.

I don't think the area is bad, but I don't think it's great either. Though you may like the quietness, however it wasn't my cup of tea :smile:

Its about a 10 minute walk, so if you turn left from the station and cross the road and turn left and go straight down you'll reach the uni. It's a nice walk in good weather so don't worry.

]

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bioloves

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh hey I'm commuting too from that station, perhaps we could be travel buddies?
how far are you commuting overall?
Oh hey I'm commuting too from that station, perhaps we could be travel buddies?
how far are you commuting overall?

Lool I'm commuting to And from Angel too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fazza6200
Lool I'm commuting to And from Angel too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay, that's cool :smile: so how much in total are you commuting
What are you studying?
Oh okay, that's cool :smile: so how much in total are you commuting
What are you studying?

I'm travelling everyday from zone 1 to Angel. Doing law, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fazza6200
I'm travelling everyday from zone 1 to Angel. Doing law, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right okay
Well I have to go on two trains
I'm studying sociology
Did you know anyone doing business computing? In terms of pay would you say business computing at city is better than computer science?
Reply 36
Original post by MrSplash
Did you know anyone doing business computing? In terms of pay would you say business computing at city is better than computer science?

I know a lot of people who did Business Computing who are now at big companies like IBM, Accenture, PwC, etc... Though a lot of the Computer Science guys are also at big companies. I'm at Sky having done Computer Science. It depends on how much you want the job so make sure you do a placement for experience and you wouldn't have to worry about which one is better.
Is it worth going on the tour during welcome week
Also is the freshener so fair any good be ill have to travel by bus or walk be its in a hall and not on campus

Posted from TSR Mobile
*freshers fair and by tour I mean campus tour

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I got two questions.

Whats the pre induction day at City like and is it worth going to it? I just recently got notice of it being from 9am to 4pm and was wondering if it was worth attending.

Also, would you recommend doing an extra year for a work experience placement? My course is Economics, so how valuable would it be for post-graduation employment?

Good luck on your placement btw

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending