The Student Room Group

What is leadership?

"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

In short, my perception of leadership is that it is the act of motivating or inspiring people to do the right thing (whatever that may be). What Is Leadership You?
(edited 7 years ago)
Interesting interpretation. To me it is just getting people to do what you want, giving coherent instructions and managing the overall efforts of everybody in your team to achieve a goal.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Interesting interpretation. To me it is just getting people to do what you want, giving coherent instructions and managing the overall efforts of everybody in your team to achieve a goal.

Sounds like a manager and not a leader...

Leaders have a vision, they inspire others to do things not because they have to do them but because the leader presents it in a way that would make them want to do it, they're in the trenches with others - always listening. Leaders have a sort of distortion vibe about them, they're naturally convincing and take up a mentor/coach role within a team.

Managers give orders, leaders set paths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
What is leadership?

NOT Donald Trump
Original post by Kendrik Lamar
NOT Donald Trump

Ignoring anger or passion, look at it this way.

OP said,
"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it."

Trump, despite your views, has got his supporters to campaign for him, call Ted Cruz lyin ted etc.

What Trump says, his supporters also say, now as wrong as you think they are, they do it because they want to, so Trump excels in this measure of leadership.

Quick Reply

Latest