The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RedSquirrels
Woooooooooooo
Got 9A*s, an A^ (further maths) and 2A's (although the school's complaining about the coursework because I and many others got 100% in those exams and then a B in the coursework???? I.e not predicted - but still really happy, and beat my older sister; ka Ching!)

Well done!!! We got exactly the same grades 😀😀
Is it worth getting a remark in English language if I was 2 off an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5522
Original post by waveyalex
sadly no i discovered i had 137 marks 140 was need :frown:

lolololololol!
Should I get a remark on my RE? I always get A*s in class and on mocks and on my AQA unit 2 I came out with a C one mark off a B? I wanted an A so bad! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5524
Is it worth getting geography remarked if I was 5 UMS off an A*??? I'm on the WJEC exam board btw
Got 9 A stars and B
Is that good enough for Oxford
Should I retake the B in arabic??
image.jpg
Original post by Handwritingman
Got 9 A stars and B
Is that good enough for Oxford
Should I retake the B in arabic??

Nah I know someone in Oxford with those exact grades it won't affect you! VERY WELL DONE!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anyone is looking for extra motivation, we have threads dedicated to Oxford and Cambridge for 2018 admission already up!
Oxford: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4282340
Cambridge http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3528165
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm really confused about my overall I.C.T grade. The examiners (WJEC) must've been generous. I had an A* in my Year 10 coursework but a C in the Unit 1 written paper, yet I had an A overall? I really don't get how an A* and a C equivilate to an overall A? Obviously, I'm thrilled to have that A. I just don't feel like I deserved it because my exam was considerably lower than my coursework, if that makes any sense.

Also, my Welsh examiners must've been coffee addicts as well as generous. There are four questions (including two crossover questions which are the same in both Higher and Foundation Tier). In the crossover writing question, I wrote 3 sentences about coffee (obviously in Welsh) and yet I had a B in the paper. How is my stupidness worth a B? All I can say is I'm thankful that I've had such generous grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hey It's Cerian
I'm really confused about my overall I.C.T grade. The examiners (WJEC) must've been generous. I had an A* in my Year 10 coursework but a C in the Unit 1 written paper, yet I had an A overall? I really don't get how an A* and a C equivilate to an overall A? Obviously, I'm thrilled to have that A. I just don't feel like I deserved it because my exam was considerably lower than my coursework, if that makes any sense.

Also, my Welsh examiners must've been coffee addicts as well as generous. There are four questions (including two crossover questions which are the same in both Higher and Foundation Tier). In the crossover writing question, I wrote 3 sentences about coffee (obviously in Welsh) and yet I had a B in the paper. How is my stupidness worth a B? All I can say is I'm thankful that I've had such generous grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats exactly like my spanish i got a U in my listening (lol) and i got a B in my reading exam. and bc my coursework was A* i got an A.
WJEC is designed to pass you despite the grades in the exams which is why many schools choose it
Original post by pri8315
thats exactly like my spanish i got a U in my listening (lol) and i got a B in my reading exam. and bc my coursework was A* i got an A.
WJEC is designed to pass you despite the grades in the exams which is why many schools choose it

If that's the case, I'm glad I live in Wales lol. I guess Wales have a kind of advantage as our schools are presumbaly going to choose WJEC. Yes, I am aware that schools in England also take WJEC courses, I'm just saying it's a common thing in wales lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well.. It wasn't bad. I was targeted 5+ A's but only got one. Looking at the UMS, 3 exams I was -5 or less UMS off the A grade.. I might remark but it would be like £200 for OCR
I got an A* in Latin language😋
I was 6 UMS off of an A* in Additional Science, how many raw marks is that?
Original post by Sardonic Zarah
Lucky when it comes to applying for jobs, you don't have to disclose your French grade if it's irrelevant

Hey, thanks for the tip :biggrin: Ima forget i even did french...wait what am i talking about? wink wink :P
Original post by Hey It's Cerian

Posted from TSR Mobile

Courseworks worth 60%
Reply 5537
I don't know why i didn't get an A* in biology... i saw both of my course work and exam grades were A*... and an A grade showed up in my results.... And this thread make me sick... everyone gets 9 A* or above ... and i don't even do 9 subjects ... there is no marks in my results and i am currently requesting for it...
Original post by Amy:(
I don't know why i didn't get an A* in biology... i saw both of my course work and exam grades were A*... and an A grade showed up in my results.... And this thread make me sick... everyone gets 9 A* or above ... and i don't even do 9 subjects ... there is no marks in my results and i am currently requesting for it...

If you got all A*s in the exams and you got an A overall it may be worth enquiring about it as there may be an error.
Not everyone does and try not to always be comparing your self to others, it isn't healthy. Lots of people dream of getting As, especially in Science, and as long as you're able to do what you want, try not to worry too much.
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone know how many raw marks 5 ums marks is in aqa religious studies unit 2/3

Latest