The Student Room Group

Blog of access student about to start medicine

Hi all.

I've been writing a blog about my experiences going from finishing an access to medicine course to shortly starting uni as a 36 year old.

Hopefully people will find it both useful and informative.

You can find it at www.newmedicblog.wordpress.com

Please spread far and wide if you know anyone that would find it useful!

Ta

Alan
A great read, especially for someone like myself starting access this year.
Thank you!
Original post by Alan1980
Hi all.

I've been writing a blog about my experiences going from finishing an access to medicine course to shortly starting uni as a 36 year old.

Hopefully people will find it both useful and informative.

You can find it at www.newmedicblog.wordpress.com

Please spread far and wide if you know anyone that would find it useful!

Ta

Alan

Hi Alan,

Really interesting blog - moving from being in the Fire Service to training as a doctor is quite a change!

I run a similar website (www.stemboost.co.uk) generally aimed at A level students (although with a really mixed readership) informing them about STEM opportunities with a blog section and some advice articles. I wondered if you would be interested in writing a guest blog post/ advice article, perhaps something about how your A levels don't have to dictate your career path, access courses, applying for medicine, the opportunities available for mature students, what inspired you to do medicine, or anything else you would be interested in? It would be a great way for my site to have something written from a different perspective and for you to promote your blog :smile:

Wishing you all the best with your studies!
Katie :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by jamiejay
A great read, especially for someone like myself starting access this year.
Thank you!

You're welcome, hope you can follow and it keeps being useful.

Where are you going to study your access course?
i hope it will be useful :smile:
I'd start the second year soon :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5

Quick Reply

Latest