The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Retake Chances

Hey,

Basically, I missed my LSE offer... I ended up getting 3a* in chemistry physics econ and an A in Math... they wanted an A* in Math and 2 A's... so instead I'm going to my insurance which is Warwick Econ. is it worth taking out a gap year, retaking maths and reapplying? My maths ums was approximately 95% and 90% in AS FM. I just messed up C3. My igcses were 9a* and a B... is it worth trying to apply to imperial/camb/ucl or are they probably just going to reject because of the resit ? Im interested in economics/engineering tbh...
Original post by icedark_knight
Hey,

Basically, I missed my LSE offer... I ended up getting 3a* in chemistry physics econ and an A in Math... they wanted an A* in Math and 2 A's... so instead I'm going to my insurance which is Warwick Econ. is it worth taking out a gap year, retaking maths and reapplying? My maths ums was approximately 95% and 90% in AS FM. I just messed up C3. My igcses were 9a* and a B... is it worth trying to apply to imperial/camb/ucl or are they probably just going to reject because of the resit ? Im interested in economics/engineering tbh...

No - go to Warwick - it's not worth wasting a year to go to LSE.

I'm confused about the mention of engineering - LSE is not a good place for that!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Retake*
I meant reapplying for an engineering or an econ course... I'm interested in both...
Reply 4
Congratulations on your grades they are impressive by any means. I think you should go to Warwick and also re-apply for an LSE course with lower requirements with the potential of transferring into the BSc Economics course after first year (e.g.: look for courses where you sit the same modules as BSc Economics do in first year).

Quick Reply

Latest