The Student Room Group

Natsci in Jesus college?

Hello.

I am an international post-qualification applicant to Natural Science for 2017 entry. After visiting the university and some of its colleges in the open day, I am now interested in Jesus College because of its atmosphere and location. Considering my identity as an oversea student and a re-applicant, I am wondering if my nationality and past records would influence the chance of being invited to interview and hopefully offered a place in Jesus College.

Btw, when I was searching for every college's statistics in Natural Science application in last 5 years, I noticed that Jesus College's has some unusual features: the number of applicants pooled by them and then "fished" by other colleges is apparently greater than any other colleges(11-25 per year, whereas others typically have less than 10). Is it because they put a lot of applicants in the winter pool, or the applicants to Jesus tend to be very strong and therefore more competitive in winter pool? I am not sure about this, perheps some other factors take part in it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by lucus450
Hello.

I am an international post-qualification applicant to Natural Science for 2017 entry. After visiting the university and some of its colleges in the open day, I am now interested in Jesus College because of its atmosphere and location. Considering my identity as an oversea student and a re-applicant, I am wondering if my nationality and past records would influence the chance of being invited to interview and hopefully offered a place in Jesus College.

Btw, when I was searching for every college's statistics in Natural Science application in last 5 years, I noticed that Jesus College's has some unusual features: the number of applicants pooled by them and then "fished" by other colleges is apparently greater than any other colleges(11-25 per year, whereas others typically have less than 10). Is it because they put a lot of applicants in the winter pool, or the applicants to Jesus tend to be very strong and therefore more competitive in winter pool? I am not sure about this, perheps some other factors take part in it.

Don't worry about stats, if you like the college apply there. There is always a possibility of being pooled but that's a safety feature at Cambridge. Your primary objective is to get a place at the university, and everyone always likes the college they end up at (well, usually... ) :wink:

If you are a reapplicant your previous files will have been shredded.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
Don't worry about stats, if you like the college apply there. There is always a possibility of being pooled but that's a safety feature at Cambridge. Your primary objective is to get a place at the university, and everyone always likes the college they end up at (well, usually... ) :wink:

If you are a reapplicant your previous files will have been shredded.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see. Many thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending