The Student Room Group

Gcse entry test at college????

Basically i missed out on my gcses due to going abroad on year 11 so a college said i can take 5 gcses but i have to take a test for Maths, english and science. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if its hard. I am mostly worried about the science because i didnt study it in year 11 and i dont know what to revise.
Original post by a.hammam
Basically i missed out on my gcses due to going abroad on year 11 so a college said i can take 5 gcses but i have to take a test for Maths, english and science. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if its hard. I am mostly worried about the science because i didnt study it in year 11 and i dont know what to revise.

I've done these before for English and maths and they're pretty simple. You just have to answer some questions and they'll see where you're at. As for revising, I'd look at UK GCSE revision websites. The science might be a little difficult if you haven't learned the topics, although you may have covered most of them in year 10. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I've done these before for English and maths and they're pretty simple. You just have to answer some questions and they'll see where you're at. As for revising, I'd look at UK GCSE revision websites. The science might be a little difficult if you haven't learned the topics, although you may have covered most of them in year 10. Good luck!

ok thanks so u didnt have to do any writing for english and what kind topics came up in maths??
Original post by a.hammam
ok thanks so u didnt have to do any writing for english and what kind topics came up in maths??

I didn't do any writing, no. It was just simple questions. As for the maths, there was a little trigonometry, algebra, basic maths and a couple of other topics. Because this was just a test prior to entering college, it wasn't the same as any other. Your tests could be very different so keep that in mind

Posted from TSR Mobile
With all due respect, why on Earth would you go abroad when GCSE exams were coming up?

Quick Reply

Latest