The Student Room Group

AS level Chemistry preparation

Hi, I'm currently about to start taking the AQA A-level course for chemistry and I was wondering what I could do in order to prepare myself for the course as I heard the jump from GCSE to A-level is extremely difficult. For a bit of background info I got a B in CIE IGCSE Chemistry which, I know, is not the best result. Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you!!
Original post by hvbvs
Hi, I'm currently about to start taking the AQA A-level course for chemistry and I was wondering what I could do in order to prepare myself for the course as I heard the jump from GCSE to A-level is extremely difficult. For a bit of background info I got a B in CIE IGCSE Chemistry which, I know, is not the best result. Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you!!

I've moved this to Chemistry study help so you can hopefully get some more advice here.

I would say just work hard, keep on top of your work and practice exam questions after finishing each topic. Ask your teacher if you can't answer an exam question or don't understand something. Make notes/mindmaps/flashcards/whatever works for you after each topic.
Reply 2
Original post by Black Rose
I've moved this to Chemistry study help so you can hopefully get some more advice here.

I would say just work hard, keep on top of your work and practice exam questions after finishing each topic. Ask your teacher if you can't answer an exam question or don't understand something. Make notes/mindmaps/flashcards/whatever works for you after each topic.

I'm just going to agree with this. Working moderately hard throughout the year is a hell of a lot better than cramming 3 days before the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest