The Student Room Group

C in IGCSE English Language (CIE)

I got a C and I was expecting an A im really disappointed. Most Universities need a B in English Language.
Would you consider retaking? What do your teachers say? If you need it for uni it's probably a good idea to retake.
First, what are the marks for your individual components.
What grade did your teacher predict.
I also got a C in the exam having got 36/40 for course component. I have never got less than an A in the practice papers and revised a lot. I can't understand it - was predicted a definite A* overall. As the grade boundaries are not out, it's hard to evaluate how I did but I think I should get a re-mark as when the unofficial mark scheme was up on this site I was very confident I got a good mark. My school is not letting me re-take either.

Anyone else surprised by their mark?
Reply 4
i was predicted an A*, needless to say i cried when i saw a B on the results webpage. don't feel too bad about it, if its really bugging you just resit it. If you have access to your mark you should see how far you were from a B and if you weren't too far off you should get it remarked. best of luck!!
Reply 5
Original post by cazza0104
I also got a C in the exam having got 36/40 for course component. I have never got less than an A in the practice papers and revised a lot. I can't understand it - was predicted a definite A* overall. As the grade boundaries are not out, it's hard to evaluate how I did but I think I should get a re-mark as when the unofficial mark scheme was up on this site I was very confident I got a good mark. My school is not letting me re-take either.

Anyone else surprised by their mark?

yes and its scary because the Russell Group of Universities need you to get a B at least. What am I going to do if this doesn't happen. The only subject that disappointed me was English Language.

Quick Reply

Latest