The Student Room Group

Stuck for uni courses

Hi,

I'm going into my second year of sixth form (year 13) and currently study level 3 media(worth 1 alevel) and level 3 IT(worth 2 alevels) & have decided I want to go to university. Im predicted DDM but my teacher has said we can try and push it upto DDD. Im retaking my maths GCSE in November, as I was 5 marks off a C previously. I've always had a passion for law and have always wanted to study Law but after seeing my hopelessness in maths and now my grades and uni entry requirements ive become taken aback, a little.
I'm not sure what other degree courses I could apply to or would like to do which I would enjoy.
Original post by choco_monsterxo
Hi,

I'm going into my second year of sixth form (year 13) and currently study level 3 media(worth 1 alevel) and level 3 IT(worth 2 alevels) & have decided I want to go to university. Im predicted DDM but my teacher has said we can try and push it upto DDD. Im retaking my maths GCSE in November, as I was 5 marks off a C previously. I've always had a passion for law and have always wanted to study Law but after seeing my hopelessness in maths and now my grades and uni entry requirements ive become taken aback, a little.
I'm not sure what other degree courses I could apply to or would like to do which I would enjoy.

definitely try, those grades sound amazing- so you'd have chances of getting into loads of good unis! GCSEs don't matter at the end of the day, and most unis recognise this, and won't refuse you just because of one bad GCSE.
Reply 2
If you do not meet the entry requirements listed on the University pages then that does not automatically mean there's no point applying. Get in touch with them (email their Admissions department or email the head of the course if you can) and discus your grades, any work experience and anything else you may feel to be relevant to your application (relevant extra curricular activities). Talk them through the course you want to study and ask if it would be worth your time applying. They may encourage your application or they will tell you ways on how to gain entry often they'll ask you to sit a foundation year or do an access course. Either way they will offer advice and support. It is definitely worth your time doing. Send the email to around 10-15 universities as it will expand your options as well as the information you receive in regards to advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending