The Student Room Group

Can anyone give me Further Math motivation??

I am here teaching myself FP1 at the moment, plan to continue with D1, and maybe S2/FP2. The issue is that I don't have the motivation to teach myself it and rather do things like play FIFA. Is there anyone out there who's had success with FM and perhaps taught themselves?? Disclaimer: I am not a full UMS genius by the way
Original post by Ze Witcher
I am here teaching myself FP1 at the moment, plan to continue with D1, and maybe S2/FP2. The issue is that I don't have the motivation to teach myself it and rather do things like play FIFA. Is there anyone out there who's had success with FM and perhaps taught themselves?? Disclaimer: I am not a full UMS genius by the way

FIFA is not great for your grades, trust me. And it's great fun especially when you have work to do and you're just like 'one more game' and you end up playing it for hours until you're kind of tired for it.

With games in general it's best to not play as much at a time as well as after studies as a reward.

I self taught FP1-2, S2-4 and M1 for Further Maths, so for me the pressure was on (having set a deadline for finishing AS FM by December and A2 by April) so the pressure/time kind of helped me to get through it all. Ultimately you're responsible for your own grade and it may help to think about your AS results - if they were good then you just need to see that you need to replicate your efforts from the previous year. If they weren't as good as you'd hoped, then think that you have to try harder and that its very much possible to do well by self teaching and it'll help you get to wherever you want to get to.

Quick Reply

Latest