The Student Room Group

Self Studying Chemistry A-Levels ?!?!

Hellooo.....

I can only take one science for A-levels however I require 2 for the course I wish to do at University.. Is it possible to take Chemistry at my sixth form externally whilst studying Biology internally at the same school or do I have to sit the exam at another institute approved by AQA? How much would the fees roughly be for AQA?
Reply 1
Where will you do the practicals?
Reply 2
Original post by Maker
Where will you do the practicals?

The head of Chemistry which is my old science teacher would allow me to carry out the practicals after school or at break with her assistance.
Reply 3
Original post by JenyR
The head of Chemistry which is my old science teacher would allow me to carry out the practicals after school or at break with her assistance.

Sounds like a plan.
Reply 4
Original post by JenyR
Hellooo.....

I can only take one science for A-levels however I require 2 for the course I wish to do at University.. Is it possible to take Chemistry at my sixth form externally whilst studying Biology internally at the same school or do I have to sit the exam at another institute approved by AQA? How much would the fees roughly be for AQA?

You can sit any alevel externally at most colleges who do that exam board for that particular subject.

Fees range per college but you're looking around £20 per exam(ish).
Reply 5
You can take the exams at school, talk to the exams officer about prices.
Reply 6
Original post by Cobalt_
You can sit any alevel externally at most colleges who do that exam board for that particular subject.

Fees range per college but you're looking around £20 per exam(ish).

Hmmm I went on to AQA.. it said that the new spec for Chemistry costs £40 ( total qualification cost) overall? :/
Reply 7
Original post by alow
You can take the exams at school, talk to the exams officer about prices.

Okaay Thanks, im waiting for his reply as he hasnt replied me yet due to some policy where you cannot reply during the weekend or what not? :/
Reply 8
Original post by JenyR
Okaay Thanks, im waiting for his reply as he hasnt replied me yet due to some policy where you cannot reply during the weekend or what not? :/

He's not obliged to reply when he's not working, wait for Tuesday and I'm sure he'll get back to you.
Reply 9
Original post by alow
He's not obliged to reply when he's not working, wait for Tuesday and I'm sure he'll get back to you.

Okay!
Thanks =)
Reply 10
Original post by Maker
Sounds like a plan.

=)
Need to enquire whether I would be allowed to sit my ISAS in school though :/

Quick Reply

Latest