The Student Room Group

Survey: Germans want a burqa ban

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HAnwar
Lol 'run off to a Muslim country' that's your response for everything. Try being more original next time.]
Lessee... how about : just like, in some countries, Islamic values might prevail, and inspire legislation, in other countries we kuffar have our traditions and our values and they inspire our legislation. For many of us, the burka is a symbol of oppression, and hiding your face in particular is seen as both dangerous and offensive. Whether this is right or wrong, could be debated for ages.

so, in a nutshell :
a bikini is considered as offensive in certain countries
a burka is considered as offensive in other countries

if we start the "our values are fine, yours are rubbish", we won't get very far

so, we are left with "when in Rome" and : respect the law

best
Reply 81
Original post by Pyongyang911
You are extremely hypocritical to call Germans Nazis when you are complaining about racism. Also the burqa is a symbol of oppression that many Muslim woman would rather not wear, but is forced on her by her husbands and other males in her family that claim to 'own' her. As a German and a Christian like the vast majority of Germans, I would not be allowed to even build a church in an Islamic state. How is that for equality? All pro Muslim preachers should go and take a look at the real picture.

"Symbol of oppression" :K: please say that to some of the females in my family who wear it happily although it is optional in Islam.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar
Lol 'run off to a Muslim country' that's your response for everything. Try being more original next time.

I don't want your pity thanks, save it for yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's my response to all the things you say anyway sweets because frankly, your type of woman hating views don't belong here.

I suggest that if you actually want to be taken seriously, address the point mentioned to you. You said "Oh dear no wonder this country has no many failed marriages, because the wife doesn't obey the husband." I showed you a link that completely dismissed your snide comment. You don't even bother to address it because you know you're wrong.

No sweets I don't really need pity for myself because I'm not some weakling who would blindly follow or obey a man just because he's my husband :h: Unlike some people.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mathemagicien
The soft racism of low expectations.
I have been hearing this expression more and more recently, and I strongly agree with it

any idea where it originated and who popularised it ?

best
Reply 84
Original post by h333
"Symbol of oppression" :K: please say that to some of the females in my family who wear it happily although it is optional in Islam.

Does it matter if they wear it happily or not?Just because they are happy to say "hey I only feel comfortable when I hide myself, because my culture has led me to believe men are pigs and I am a sex object", doesn't make them wearing it any better.
Reply 85
Original post by mariachi
I have been hearing this expression more and more recently, and I strongly agree with it

any idea where it originated and who popularised it ?

best

I have no idea what it's supposed to mean.

I just googled it and it says it was termed by a former speech writer of George Bush jnr.

What is it supposed to mean? You have low expectations of a group of people or country, and these expectations stem from essentially racist prejudices? What if the expectations are true? Is it then still racist?

Idk I don't like this term.
Original post by h333

"They're so brainwashed that they don't know they oppress themselves by wearing it"

Expect some garbage response along those lines.
After all the terrorist attacks, I don't blame them.
Plus I highly doubt a woman truly enjoys wearing so many layers of black clothing which completely cover their skin. It just doesn't seem comfortable so I don't think they'd actually wear it willingly.
Maybe they can mark them with stars?

Original post by Josb
Sending back these 1 million healthy young males?
So young men are basically cannon fodder to you?

Thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 89
Original post by h333

The women of many Islamic nations have absolutely beautiful traditional dress styles. It is a terrible shame that your relatives would voluntarilly throw their rich and colourful cultures away in favour of looking like the Ringwraiths from The Lord of the Rings. That is even more depressing to me than if they were forced to wear it.

12524061_979321085468490_7371368899196676665_n.jpg
Reply 90
Original post by HAnwar
LOL may Allah guide you you poor lost soul x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks.

So I am thinking about converting. You want to be one of my four wives?
Reply 91
Original post by inhuman
Thanks.

So I am thinking about converting. You want to be one of my four wives?

You have to deal with her parents first. :rolleyes: You have so much to learn.
Original post by inhuman
Does it matter if they wear it happily or not?Just because they are happy to say "hey I only feel comfortable when I hide myself, because my culture has led me to believe men are pigs and I am a sex object", doesn't make them wearing it any better.

Original post by Wōden
The women of many Islamic nations have absolutely beautiful traditional dress styles. It is a terrible shame that your relatives would voluntarilly throw their rich and colourful cultures away in favour of looking like the Ringwraiths from The Lord of the Rings. That is even more depressing to me than if they were forced to wear it.

12524061_979321085468490_7371368899196676665_n.jpg

Doesn't make them wearing it any better - LOL.

Thankfully the second person I quoted made my response easier: ''To me''

Guys, nobody cares about your opinions, they're not here to please you. :smile: *

You can respond with whatever you want, the fact is your opinion is irrelevant. Sorry :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 93
I bet just under 0.00000001% of Muslims wear Burkas in Germany
Reply 94
Original post by TSR-Exam
Doesn't make them wearing it any better - LOL.

Thankfully the second person I quoted made my response easier: ''To me''

Guys, nobody cares about your opinions, they're not here to please you. :smile: *

You can respond with whatever you want, the fact is your opinion is irrelevant. Sorry :frown:

Why do you even bother to comment if other people's opinion is irrelevant? Nobody cares about your opinion as well.
Reply 95
Original post by Jee1
I bet just under 0.00000001% of Muslims wear Burkas in Germany

That would means that nobody wears a burqa, which is obviously not true.
Original post by Josb
Why do you even bother to comment if other people's opinion is irrelevant? Nobody cares about your opinion as well.

To tell them the world doesn't revolve around them, and nor do the thoughts of Muslim women. They aren't here to please them. That's not an opinion, so.. my opinion on what exactly? :lol:*

I didn't put one out there, such a wonderful contribution, don't quote me unless you have something reasonable to say cause I didn't even state an opinion. :smile:
Original post by EastGuava
Wanting the burqa banned is not racist.

Things didn't start of entirely 'racist' at the beginning of a certain targeting against a certain other religious group either
Reply 98
Original post by Josb
That would means that nobody wears a burqa, which is obviously not true.

Well durhh still not many wear Burkas many Muslims are Turks in Germany and Turkey is a secular country
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 99
Original post by Josb
You have to deal with her parents first. :rolleyes: You have so much to learn.

I have money. They would kiss my hand to make me take her.

Quick Reply

Latest