The Student Room Group

Social life universities

I am interested in which universities have the best social life for me.I like to drink a lot in pubs or so but also go clubbing once a week ( sometimes twice ) . I also like a normal relaxed day:no drinking , going out just to talk and see what everyone has been doing .I also like going to techno or dnb parties from time to time .And I like a little bit of variety ( at least 10 pubs , at least 7 clubs let's say ).What would be the best universities for this ?
This is just to know which ones are good for me from a social life view.I already thought of my top 10 from an academic view .
Thank you

P.S.: I am looking for unis that also have a sense of community , and not just 1000 night venues and 1000 people who each go in a different one .
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DanArthur
I am interested in which universities have the best social life for me.I like to drink a lot in pubs or so but also go clubbing once a week ( sometimes twice ) . I also like a normal relaxed day:no drinking , going out just to talk and see what everyone has been doing .I also like going to techno or dnb parties from time to time .And I like a little bit of variety ( at least 10 pubs , at least 7 clubs let's say ).What would be the best universities for this ?
This is just to know which ones are good for me from a social life view.I already thought of my top 10 from an academic view .
Thank you

The bigger the city, the more night time venues to choose from.
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
The bigger the city, the more night time venues to choose from.

Yeah , but London is big for example and it's not the best place for social life at uni from what I've heard.
Reply 3
BUMP
Reply 4
Yeah , but London is big for example and it's not the best place for social life at uni from what I've heard.

Depends on the university. QMUL is relatively good whilst LSE is ****. Universities differ wildly.
Reply 5

Depends on the university. QMUL is relatively good whilst LSE is ****. Universities differ wildly.
I disagree, London can have an absolutely brilliant nightlife, but it's what you make of it. At Imperial, if you find the right people, the night life is brilliant. You can go to different clubs every week and still not run out of any by the end of the year. Also even during the night, it's always SO busy in London that it's quite safe.

LSE's student bar host events every Friday not just for LSE students but other London unis as well, which loads of people go to. Ministry is always a good choice and you always find plenty of St George's, Kings and Imperial people at. Don't really know where the UCL lot go as i haven't met many of them tbh with you. But there's definitely a great night life in London and with the night tubes coming in now it'll probably be cheaper as well as won't have to pay taxi fares as much
Reply 7
Original post by Pinkberry_y
I disagree, London can have an absolutely brilliant nightlife, but it's what you make of it. At Imperial, if you find the right people, the night life is brilliant. You can go to different clubs every week and still not run out of any by the end of the year. Also even during the night, it's always SO busy in London that it's quite safe.

LSE's student bar host events every Friday not just for LSE students but other London unis as well, which loads of people go to. Ministry is always a good choice and you always find plenty of St George's, Kings and Imperial people at. Don't really know where the UCL lot go as i haven't met many of them tbh with you. But there's definitely a great night life in London and with the night tubes coming in now it'll probably be cheaper as well as won't have to pay taxi fares as much

Good point . So london would be a good uni city . What about other cities ?
Reply 8
BUMP

Quick Reply

Latest