The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Tadic out for whom? I have 8.3m to spend... Cazorla? Lamela?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS
Tadic out for whom? I have 8.3m to spend... Cazorla? Lamela?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really like Tadic, tbh. Even over Lamela. Cazorla too deep to do anything from open play. Sterling is a good option at that price. Walcott not bad.
Looks like a low scoring week.
Reply 563
As an Ibrahimovic owner, I'm happy that he blanked today... Effective ownership was over 100% so would have dropped in rank as I didn't captain him
Reply 564
Looks like Valencia on for 3 bonus, that's worked out pretty nicely for me, as did Zlatan not scoring, he's been killing me a bit in the rankings so I'd appreciate it if he stopped scoring for a few games until I can get him in :wink:

Think it's going to be 52 for me (after bonus and Gray off the bench) with 3 to play, pleased with that.
Not convinced by Southampton especially with Europa League to contend with. I'll be ditching Redmond on my WC.

43 from 8, can't complain. Especially when my captain is yet to play.
Did everybody captain Aguero?

49 with Aguero (c), Foster and Stones left. Seems decent.*
Original post by little_wizard123
Did everybody captain Aguero?

49 with Aguero (c), Foster and Stones left. Seems decent.*

Interestingly, about 2/3rds of people outside the top ten went for another captain. Fully expected the top ten to all (C) Aguero but surprised at how many didn't in 10-25th places

Not my luckiest week at 35 with Foster and (C) Aguero left. Sondgrass injured, Walker injured, Mahrez and Baines both missing penalties. On the plus side, they're both getting and taking penalties! Have a real ballache if Snodgrass is badly injured as there's no other great MF at £6m. May have to drop down to a second cheap MF, get in Shaw and double up on United defence, going 442/433
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mister Dead
Interestingly, about 2/3rds of people outside the top ten went for another captain. Fully expected the top ten to all (C) Aguero but surprised at how many didn't in 10-25th places

Not my luckiest week at 35 with Foster and (C) Aguero left. Sondgrass injured, Walker injured, Mahrez and Baines both missing penalties. On the plus side, they're both getting and taking penalties! Have a real ballache if Snodgrass is badly injured as there's no other great MF at £6m. May have to drop down to a second cheap MF, get in Shaw and double up on United defence, going 442/433

Got a link to your team? Four defenders seems okay; they're good value. But then again penalties in around half of all games so far means maybe there is the way to go. Hopefully you won't lose Baines and Mahrez as penalty takers, but I think with Barkley/Lukaku/Vardy around, it's a possibility.

* Yeah, I'd have thought people would all have captained him right at the top given he's going to be in almost all of the top 1k of teams. That's good for us, anyway.

Up to 2nd in the league but the guy top has Negredo as well as all the players I have, so won't be gaining anything. First time in 12 years I've not started like an idiot. Two FT so I think Firmino and Gray out for Benteke and someone else half decent. Very relieved Benteke didn't go crazy today as I was very tempted - didn't think Gray would do anything and I reckon he will be suspended for Hull at home. Benteke could/should be on pens.

* Sanchez scoring big is interesting - no chance of all of Aguero, Ibra, Hazard and Sanchez. Can't stop any of the first three to get Sanchez (if any, it would have to be Ibra). Going to go Ibra captain vs City.
(edited 7 years ago)
Practically praying for City to destroy West Ham tomorrow.

Awful start to the season - penalties and injuries everywhere...
Got a link to your team?*

Yeah, I'd have thought people would all have captained him right at the top given he's going to be in almost all of the top 1k of teams. That's good for us, anyway.

Up to 2nd in the league but the guy top has Negredo as well as all the players I have, so won't be gaining anything. First time in 12 years I've not started like an idiot. Two FT so I think Firmino and Gray out for Benteke and someone else half decent. Very relieved Benteke didn't go crazy today as I was very tempted - didn't think Gray would do anything and I reckon he will be suspended for Hull at home.

team is The Beach @ Redpoint, now languishing in 29th. Though a goal or two from Aguero tomorrow and i should race back up into the top 15 or so.

As much as i'd love Defoe or Gray, i'm really not sure there's a suitable midfielder to downgrade from, or to, so i think i'm going to hold firm with Mahrez, Hazard, Barkley as my core 3. It would be lovely at £7.5 if Cazorla retains his place, but only time will tell there
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mr tim
Utd facing Hull next week, watch Zlatan blank as I am planning on captaining him.

yep.

28 points with 4 to play. Have Boruc who saved a pen on my bench.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mister Dead
team is The Beach @ Redpoint, now languishing in 29th. Though a goal or two from Aguero tomorrow and i should race back up into the top 15 or so.

As much as i'd love Defoe or Gray, i'm really not sure there's a suitable midfielder to downgrade from, or to, so i think i'm going to hold firm with Mahrez, Hazard, Barkley as my core 3. It would be lovely at £7.5 if Cazorla retains his place, but only time will tell there

I think you're suffering slightly because of Mahrez underperforming. You have four big players in there which is swallowing up all your money. Diamonde won't do anything, so Mahrez/Diamonde to Defoe or Negredo or Benteke might be worth a shout, because then you're getting two decent players (if you choose a good midfield replacement) which I think is important to your team because you're having to play a cheap player in your team because of the four big players.

Tricky. I like your team, though.*
Up to 2nd in the league but the guy top has Negredo as well as all the players I have, so won't be gaining anything. First time in 12 years I've not started like an idiot. Two FT so I think Firmino and Gray out for Benteke and someone else half decent. Very relieved Benteke didn't go crazy today as I was very tempted - didn't think Gray would do anything and I reckon he will be suspended for Hull at home. Benteke could/should be on pens.

That would be me :colondollar: Completely forgot I still had him to play tbh, thought Boro had played today for some reason.

Sanchez is unobtainable for me, i'm not dropping Hazard even with Chelsea's tough set of fixtures. Logical thing to do would be to update Firmino to Ozil and sort out my defence. I want Baines now he's back on penalties.

Also, for Jakupovic owners, Hull have agreed a fee for David Marshall.
Shay Given gets 3 BPs despite scoring an OG from the penalty that he saved.
FML penalty misses - Benteke would've had an assist (3 points) and Mahrez instead of 0 points, would have had at least 7 points.

10 points missed :frown:
What are people's thoughts on Cazorla? He was magnificent yesterday, and corners from the left, free kicks and penalties. Will he cement a starting position in 4 out of 5 games?

Another player i'm monitoring is Willian, who is clearly first 11, with corners and free kicks too*
(edited 7 years ago)
This international break can't come sooner.

I have 4 players at "75% chance of playing" so the hope is they don't play for their countries and are fit when we return.

Really don't wanna use my WC this early, although it's been a bloody awful start for me...
Original post by Lúcio
This international break can't come sooner.

I have 4 players at "75% chance of playing" so the hope is they don't play for their countries and are fit when we return.

Really don't wanna use my WC this early, although it's been a bloody awful start for me...

Never believe any injury reports you see just before international week. A lot of them are just the managers saying "we don't want you playing in a pointless friendly and risking injury against some cloggers".
I think you're suffering slightly because of Mahrez underperforming. You have four big players in there which is swallowing up all your money. Diamonde won't do anything, so Mahrez/Diamonde to Defoe or Negredo or Benteke might be worth a shout, because then you're getting two decent players (if you choose a good midfield replacement) which I think is important to your team because you're having to play a cheap player in your team because of the four big players.

Tricky. I like your team, though.*

It's very tricky. I'm really not keen on the routes people are taking to find that third striker. Both Fer and Redmond are a bit questionable imo, and despite Lamela's decent stats, he has no set pieces of pens - a couple of blanks and I think people will be getting very itchy.*

The big question here is whether Mahrez gets taken off penalties. If he does then, *- at the rate Leicester win them - that's a stack of points and bonus points lost and I need to look elsewhere. **

Latest