The Student Room Group

Best Calculator for A-Level Maths

Hi

If you're doing AS or A-Level Maths this year, one calculator I'd recommend is the

Casio Fx-991 ES PLUS

you may be using one that is recommended by school at the moment, but I can assure you it doesn't match this. This allows you to check your answers to quadratics, cubics, differentiation and integration, and it's allowed in the exam! It also has a host of other useful functions for A-Level.

For some reason they're not mentioned much, but only £14 from Amazon. I've been a maths tutor for 16 years and recommend this to all my students and they love it.

Here's a link.

http://amzn.to/2bp8EYu

If you're mega keen on maths, I'd recommend the Casio FX CG-20, which is £116. It's also allowed and can do many more things, as well as graph functions. It will even show integrals on the graph and show its minimum points.

http://amzn.to/2byFHFD

Have a look and read the reviews for yourself.

Any questions, let me know.
Yep the 991-es plus does s1 for you (kind of..). Certainly a must have

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are certain models of casio calculators which are literally permitted for any exam held in the UK, get one

(I forget the code and I'm too lazy to go through my things at my desk)
Reply 3
If you have a bit more money to spend, I'd recommend that anyone starting AS Maths purchase a Graphical Calculator. Do check in the maths forum that the Graphical calc you're thinking of purchasing is permitted though. The reason I say to purchase one is because, it saved me 15 marks in the C2 exam. Something a normal scientific calculator wouldn't be able to do.
Original post by Naruke
If you have a bit more money to spend, I'd recommend that anyone starting AS Maths purchase a Graphical Calculator. Do check in the maths forum that the Graphical calc you're thinking of purchasing is permitted though. The reason I say to purchase one is because, it saved me 15 marks in the C2 exam. Something a normal scientific calculator wouldn't be able to do.

What did the graphical calculator do to get you 15 marks in c2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The calculator's listed are allowed in Maths Edexcel right ?
Reply 6
Yes all allowed.
Reply 7
which calculator is appropriate for IAL Physics ? Thank you!
Reply 8
anyone???

Quick Reply

Latest