The Student Room Group

Theresa May launches race audit of public services

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)
Looks like something a Conservative would do...... LMAO
Original post by IronicalMan
Looks like something a Conservative would do...... LMAO

How is it something a conservative would do?
Notice how they compare Black to White. Never to any other race..
Reply 4
What a drole notion.
Shariah May strikes again.
Reply 6
What a joke.

Blacks tend to be poorest hence the statistics are worse for them.

If May actually wants to change something, come up with a plan to address inequality.
Reply 7
What a drole notion.
Reply 8
I like that she's mentioned a focus on the white working class however i suspect that once released the media will fawn over the minorities.

I'll ignore the Tory hate for now, May has a long way to go to repair our image.
I've been out of the loop for a bit. When did Diane Abbott start advising the Conservatives?
Reply 10
Sigh just another self hating whitey.
Here's hoping the audit will actually be a good thing. It might shed light on other factors affecting criminality, academic achievement, and career success that aren't "racism" or "sexism."

Because this is the problem with a lot of these stats showing disproportionalites -- they don't give us the whole picture. For example, people see a stat showing blacks are more likely to be searched or arrested and their immediate conclusion is "racism!" and not the uncomfortable (and perhaps more obvious) possibility that they're simply committing more crime. Or we see a stat showing women make up only 15% of a job position and people immediately blame "sexism!" instead of the (more probable) reason being that women just aren't as interested in applying.

Not every statistical difference between demographics is an injustice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending