The Student Room Group

Woman has MICROCHIPS implanted in both hands so she can unlock doors without keys and

Woman has MICROCHIPS implanted in both hands so she can unlock doors without keys and never needs a computer password

In a glimpse of what the future may hold, tiny microchips are being implanted in humans so they can unlock doors and get into their computers without using keys or passwords.

Sydney woman Shanti Korporaal has had two implants inserted in her hands which she now uses like she has superhuman powers, the Adelaide Advertiser reports.

Her goal now is to completely do away with her wallet and cards so that she can lead a futuristic lifestyle, and the sky's the limit as to what can be done next.

'You could set up your life so you never have to worry about any password or PINs' she said.

'It's the same technology as Paypass, so I'm hoping you'll be able to pay for things with it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3757396/Australians-using-super-human-microchip-technology.html#reader-comments
Reply 1
I checked with Lucifer and he strongly recommended it.
Original post by Troublezz
I checked with Lucifer and he strongly recommended it.

I see no problem with it whatsoever

Spoiler

What if you get your hand stuck in a drain?
Reply 4
Wtf how lazy can you get, is it that difficult to remember to take your keys with you and use them.
Reply 5
To the next new level of laziness -_-
(edited 7 years ago)
It's a good and bad idea tbh
You could get your hands chopped off in an industrial accident and then you wouldn't be able to access your facebook,.. it could ruin your entire day.

---
actually might be useful for elderly people with dementia for stopping them wandering off and getting lost... if their families weren't squeamish about microchipping their parents like dogs.
Don't see what the big deal is, people have been doing this kind of thing for years.
Reply 9
I'll stick to keys thanks.
Original post by Joinedup
You could get your hands chopped off in an industrial accident and then you wouldn't be able to access your facebook,.. it could ruin your entire day.

Indeed. If you lose your hands in an accident

Yes I'll do that so the government controls every aspect of my life even more and knows every details of my business, just so I don't have to go through the effort of unlocking my front door with my keys and finding my wallet
Original post by Sea Kelp
'You could set up your life so you never have to worry about any password or PINs' she said.

Yeah, instead you get to worry about having your hands cut off and stolen!
Are keys and passwords really that much of an inconvenience? Technology needs to calm down.
This reminds me of Metal Gear Solid 4 :/
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Yes I'll do that so the government controls every aspect of my life even more and knows every details of my business, just so I don't have to go through the effort of unlocking my front door with my keys and finding my wallet

Your owning a mobile phone renders the above 'argument' almost entirely moot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending