The Student Room Group

Does ur course work get remarked

I wanted to know because I was thinking of remarking it
Reply 1
Original post by The beast 147
I wanted to know because I was thinking of remarking it

Of course... I'm getting my coursework remarked.
Reply 2
Individual coursework cannot be remarked. When coursework is sent to a moderator the exam board asks for a sample - say 10 pieces. Any appeal against coursework marks involves a remark of ALL the sample. Most schools won't do this unless they are unhappy with all coursework marks as any lowering of the marks means the whole classes' marks are lowered.
Reply 3
I should also add that unless they've been changed during moderation, your teacher marked your coursework and a moderator agreed that your teachers' marking was in line with exam board requirements. Coursework is internally marked and externally moderated.
They can be moderated and remarked. I read on the AQA website (if you do that exam board) that it costs hundreds.
Original post by sulaimanali
They can be moderated and remarked. I read on the AQA website (if you do that exam board) that it costs hundreds.

Hey there I was wounded if I should remark my science core exam I have 310 ums and I need 320 ums for A bit I only got B so sad
What Clemm said was correct. You can ask for moderation but it will be for everyone concerned and not just an individual. hence why if theres over 5 of you , then the price us £200+.
Reply 7
You can only get controlled assessment re-marked if it is one of the few cases where it is marked by the exam board (e.g. French, German or Spanish writing). In most cases controlled assessment is marked by the centre and then the centre's work is moderated by the exam board. When this is the case the only option is for the centre to pay for the whole centre's work to be re-moderated - and this is only an option if the moderation changes the centre's initial marks.
Reply 8
Original post by The beast 147
Hey there I was wounded if I should remark my science core exam I have 310 ums and I need 320 ums for A bit I only got B so sad

Not worth it. It is highly unlikely to change by 10 UMS.,

Quick Reply

Latest