The Student Room Group

Is £100ish pounds enough to live off per week as a student?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Depends on your qulity of life expectations. It's enough for food and transport. For going out and enjoying some of the finer things in life you'll end up rather a niggard.
Original post by TrojanH
Do you have a pulse?

Yes, but let's not pretend that all you need is a pulse.
Simples, time for HAROLD'S UNIVERSITY PLAN! Okay buy like a box of cereal, which should last a weekish and they cost like a pound so you've got 99 pounds left. I don't know to be honest, buy excessive amounts of bread and a toaster to carry around with you for lunches? Oh, don't forget the spreads, my dude! And for your dinners, well you can figure that out, be diverse you know don't follow a plan completely. Good luck ,do not perish by rationing too much my dude.
Original post by newsunflower
Yes, but let's not pretend that all you need is a pulse.

Well... If you don't have nice tits/ass/face/personality, then sure, your right
ITT: OP has enough money to secure his expenses at university and decided to share this piece of trivia with everyone
Kem cho! Saru che! Kapra roj leva padhe!
Original post by TrojanH
Well... If you don't have nice tits/ass/face/personality, then sure, your right

Yeah I get attention but I'm not the prettiest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is the most BS and fictitious stereotype ever, South Asians are the most extreme when it comes to being tight fisted.
(edited 3 years ago)
LOL. This is why it's a really bad idea for some people to go to uni right after school. Absolutely no clue about the real world but about to get into £thousands debt and choose a lifelong career. Sounds legit. 100 quid to live off p/w as anything is well enough (after rent/bills) never mind as a student. Wow, just wow.
(edited 7 years ago)
Pot noodle = £1

Breakfast, lunch, dinner = £3

easy m8, no problems
Reply 70
This is a joke right?
Reply 71
With catered halls, all you really need is like £20 a week for going out and then occasional extra for clothes and such. £100 is way more than enough. People comfortably manage with just £50 a week and they use that to buy food too.

Quick Reply

Latest